• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

100% Disk Usage on Windows 10 - But installation pendrive reduces it from 100 to 50%

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

AkshayGaurSX

Jan 30, 2022
I did a reinstallation of windows 10 in my laptop but it created a issue of 100% disk usage and this issue is not becuase of any service or update or driver. But Actually this isuue has some relation with the USB installation pendrive Because when i inserted that pendrive, immediaetly the disk usages reduced to 50% from 100%. And when i eject that pendrive, immediaetly it increses from 50 to 100%.

I have reistalled the window 4 times and each time same issue occurs. I changed the pendrive but same issue occurs. And that Installation usb is made by official microsoft software, which directly download the window from microsoft.

Check the hard drive. Many times the disk usage is Windows trying to find a file that will no longer load. What was the reason you reloaded in the first place?
Your best bet is either use the diagnostics from the system manufacturer or the drive manufacturer. That was the cause in most of the repairs I did with complaints like yours. It’s possible you might need some odd driver but I doubt it, what is the make and model of your system?

I did a reinstallation of windows 10 in my laptop but it created a issue of 100% disk usage and this issue is not becuase of any service or update or driver. But Actually this isuue has some relation with the USB installation pendrive Because when i inserted that pendrive, immediaetly the disk usages reduced to 50% from 100%. And when i eject that pendrive, immediaetly it increses from 50 to 100%.

I have reistalled the window 4 times and each time same issue occurs. I changed the pendrive but same issue occurs. And that Installation usb is made by official microsoft software, which directly download the window from microsoft.
Did you do a clean install? I would format the drive and then install Windows.

If you want to clean disk space in windows PC, Use advanced system optimizer to clear unwanted files and folders and optimize your PC.

Check the hard drive. Many times the disk usage is Windows trying to find a file that will no longer load. What was the reason you reloaded in the first place?
Your best bet is either use the diagnostics from the system manufacturer or the drive manufacturer. That was the cause in most of the repairs I did with complaints like yours. It’s possible you might need some odd driver but I doubt it, what is the make and model of your system?
Examine the hard disc. When Windows uses a lot of disc space, it's usually because it's looking for a file that won't load anymore. What prompted you to reload in the first place?
Either the system manufacturer's diagnostics or the drive manufacturer's diagnostics are your best bets. That was the root of the majority of the fixes I performed in response to complaints like yours. It's conceivable that you'll require an unusual driver, but I doubt it; what is the brand and model of your system? You Couldn't Find Your Answer Take a look at this article:

Back