• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Activation Failed After Running KMS

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ghazi_abusamaha

Nov 4, 2021
I was installing the cracked Microsoft Office and I have followed the ReadMe file. However, once I finished the apps of still showing (Activation is required). The picture in the thread shows what was displayed in the KMS.

KMS.jpg

I appreciate your kind guidance in this issue.

You've got me brother. I am not a KMS expert by any means and I hope you followed the directions exactly (run as administrator, select 1). The 365 product is activated with a subscription is something I haven't seen, you might try uninstalling that and try it again. All I know is it should have worked for you if you followed the directions exactly. Maybe someone else knows something I don't.

You've got me brother. I am not a KMS expert by any means and I hope you followed the directions exactly (run as administrator, select 1). The 365 product is activated with a subscription is something I haven't seen, you might try uninstalling that and try it again. All I know is it should have worked for you if you followed the directions exactly. Maybe someone else knows something I don't.
Thank you bro. I will re-try that.

I tried to uninstall it and do the steps over again, but I didn't work. I don't know what I have to do!

I tried to uninstall it and do the steps over again, but I didn't work. I don't know what I have to do!
Ghazi I wish I could help you. I have no idea what's going on. Obviously something must be interfering with KMS. There has to be something going on with file permissions. The only thing I can think of is either your program files are not in the conventional location on the root drive or some other crack altered a value in the registry or somehow messed with file permissions. All I can tell you is KMS normally works w/o a problem. It's the first time we've heard of your problem.

It says nicely that the Retail version cannot be activated with KMS. You must first switch it convert it to Volume and then activate it with KMS. Office activation can be tricky and sluggish if you don't know what to do properly. Even me doesn't always succeed at first.

Have the drive(s) or folder(s) you're running this from been excluded from windows virus and threat protection.?

Example of my exclusions right after a new windows install:
I take these actions fist before I do anything else.

1 Select Windows Security
2 Select Virus and threat protection
3 Select Manage settings
4 Select Add or remove exclusions
5 Click Add an exclusion and click folder
6 Select the Drive or Folder you wish to exclude.
7 repeat #6 until you set all the exclusions per your desire.

In my case the Downloads folder and the drives I work with the patched hacked, or reg files and I also exclude the torrent downloads folder as well.

I also insert my USB and exclude it as well otherwise you may discover some files were removed without prompting you and cause crashes, faulty app performance and or other issues.

I am thinking this suggestion may help :)

Last edited:
Back