What's new
  • Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Bizzarro Dell Latitude 7380

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 103.0.0.0
I have this Latitude 7380 i7 16gb, 512 NVme, it's a daily driver at home. Earlier this week the CPU fan starts making this woosh sound on and off like a pumping sound. I have already reseating the CPU with Kryonaut, the fan is clean and sometimes it runs ok. I have updated the BIOS, reset the BIOS to factory defaults ( there was an update the middle of July this year) but I still don't thinks it's working correctly.
I installed speedfan but I am not so sure it's reporting what is really going on. My biggest fear now is the chipset on the mainboard is wonky but I am not willing to invest in a replacement for it.
Has anyone else experienced this?

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 103.0.0.0
No. The current Dell OEM chipset drivers were already installed but I will give it a try,

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 104.0.0.0
Hey thanks for the suggestion Hotrod. Shhh but so far so good. Who knows? I think Dell did some driver updates and they may have screwed something up. The BIOS update along with doing a factory reset to the BIOS had the fan spinning from time to time but not at the proper times. Speedfan was displaying some funky irregular temp readings.
I am loosing my faith in Dell's commercial laptops. IMO were some of the most trusty out there (With me typing on a ThinkPad right now, secretly my favorite. They were a tough sell b/c many thought they were unattractive. Form follows function in my book.).
So thanks for the tip, it never occurred to me.

Hotrod369

May 31, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 102.0.5005.72
I wish you the best of luck with that laptop. For me, I only use a desktop and one that I've built. I think it was 20 years ago the last time I bought a PC. I can't stand phones or any touch screens either. I don't know why but half the time they just don't recognize my touch. I can tap the same spot 20 times and finally ask somebody else to touch the same spot on the screen and it will see the tap. I may not have enough iron in my blood.rant_pin.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors