• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Bizzarro Dell Latitude 7380

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
I have this Latitude 7380 i7 16gb, 512 NVme, it's a daily driver at home. Earlier this week the CPU fan starts making this woosh sound on and off like a pumping sound. I have already reseating the CPU with Kryonaut, the fan is clean and sometimes it runs ok. I have updated the BIOS, reset the BIOS to factory defaults ( there was an update the middle of July this year) but I still don't thinks it's working correctly.
I installed speedfan but I am not so sure it's reporting what is really going on. My biggest fear now is the chipset on the mainboard is wonky but I am not willing to invest in a replacement for it.
Has anyone else experienced this?

No. The current Dell OEM chipset drivers were already installed but I will give it a try,

Hey thanks for the suggestion Hotrod. Shhh but so far so good. Who knows? I think Dell did some driver updates and they may have screwed something up. The BIOS update along with doing a factory reset to the BIOS had the fan spinning from time to time but not at the proper times. Speedfan was displaying some funky irregular temp readings.
I am loosing my faith in Dell's commercial laptops. IMO were some of the most trusty out there (With me typing on a ThinkPad right now, secretly my favorite. They were a tough sell b/c many thought they were unattractive. Form follows function in my book.).
So thanks for the tip, it never occurred to me.

I wish you the best of luck with that laptop. For me, I only use a desktop and one that I've built. I think it was 20 years ago the last time I bought a PC. I can't stand phones or any touch screens either. I don't know why but half the time they just don't recognize my touch. I can tap the same spot 20 times and finally ask somebody else to touch the same spot on the screen and it will see the tap. I may not have enough iron in my blood.rant_pin.gif

Back