• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

cant install software as administrator

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Methen

Nov 17, 2014
Hi, I am using your xp pro with sata and Iam having a unusual problem, Iam trying to install some software for my keyboard, But it says I need to be logged in as a administrator, Ok I did that But I keep getting the error:You must be logged in as an administrtrator to install this update. update has been cancelled (9999), I did some research on the internet and some places hinted the windows may not be activated, Does anyone know a fix for this or a way to get around it ?

How exactly do I check to see if its activated, I install all the windows updates today so iam guessing it is...

Methen said:
How exactly do I check to see if its activated, I install all the windows updates today so iam guessing it is...

Please check this link: http://operating-systems.wonderhowto.com/how-to/check-if-windows-xp-is-activated-0126108/

Ok following the instructions on that link I did not see anything about being activated, I also checked on this computer that Iam using now and there was also nothing about being activated ether...

Methen said:
Ok following the instructions on that link I did not see anything about being activated, I also checked on this computer that Iam using now and there was also nothing about being activated ether...

Please check your Private Message.

Click on Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

Type what's between the code tags below EXACTLY and hit enter:
Code:
net user administrator /active:yes

Re-boot and log into the new Admn account.

Back