• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Cant get your Win 11 install USB to boot? try this...

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ByteMe

Sep 9, 2021
Hi fresh member here ;) So i've been trying to install Windows 11 for like 3 days and used 3 different "fixed" ISO versions and a proper MS ISO. And used RUFUS, Etcher and full manual (CMD) to make the install USB and...
Nooooo it didnt matter what i did and what settings i used in BIOS the USB would not boot so i could start install :(
but this morning i found a tip on another forum and it worked \0/ (copy/paste from that Forum)

"...Create your own installation media
The steps necessary to remove the "Secure Boot" and "TPM 2.0" requirements error when attempting to install Windows 11 Consumer Preview

1 Obtain the newest available Windows 10 ISO from Micro$0ft
2: Make your Windows 11 USB Installer using Rufus;
3: Mount Windows 10 ISO;
4: Find and locate the folder named Sources on the mounted ISO;
5: Copy all of the files in the Sources folder of the mounted ISO except for install.wim/install.esd
6: Navigate to the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer that you have previously created in your File Manager; Open the Sources folder on the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer
7: Paste the previously copied contents/files from the Sources folder on the mounted Win 10 ISO to the Sources folder of the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer, and make sure to replace the files present in the Windows 11 USB Installer Sources folder
8: Boot from Windows 11 USB Installer
Profit from not having the requirements of Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 being enabled in place..."
(If you're not using a English Windows 10 make sure to unmark that little box "Use settings on this computer" and then pick English (en-US) as language, because using the sources files from anything other then english version will halt/stop boot and give a error (3)...)

That help me get past my boot problems ;)

Stay safe ppl

Hi fresh member here ;) So i've been trying to install Windows 11 for like 3 days and used 3 different "fixed" ISO versions and a proper MS ISO. And used RUFUS, Etcher and full manual (CMD) to make the install USB and...
Nooooo it didnt matter what i did and what settings i used in BIOS the USB would not boot so i could start install :(
but this morning i found a tip on another forum and it worked \0/ (copy/paste from that Forum)

"...Create your own installation media
The steps necessary to remove the "Secure Boot" and "TPM 2.0" requirements error when attempting to install Windows 11 Consumer Preview

1 Obtain the newest available Windows 10 ISO from Micro$0ft
2: Make your Windows 11 USB Installer using Rufus;
3: Mount Windows 10 ISO;
4: Find and locate the folder named Sources on the mounted ISO;
5: Copy all of the files in the Sources folder of the mounted ISO except for install.wim/install.esd
6: Navigate to the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer that you have previously created in your File Manager; Open the Sources folder on the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer
7: Paste the previously copied contents/files from the Sources folder on the mounted Win 10 ISO to the Sources folder of the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer, and make sure to replace the files present in the Windows 11 USB Installer Sources folder
8: Boot from Windows 11 USB Installer
Profit from not having the requirements of Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 being enabled in place..."
(If you're not using a English Windows 10 make sure to unmark that little box "Use settings on this computer" and then pick English (en-US) as language, because using the sources files from anything other then english version will halt/stop boot and give a error (3)...)

That help me get past my boot problems ;)

Stay safe ppl
Great info... Thank you!

Back