Computer running way too slow and hanging up

Nathantu

May 21, 2020
United States
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 81.0.4044.138
My I7 computer with 16 GB memory has chronic problems with running way too slow and hanging up to the point sometimes that it is unusable. I think something is running in the background which is slowing it down....I checked task manager, and disabled non-essential functions. It even might be MS one-drive. I can't figure it out.

Louiss97

May 22, 2020
United States
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 81.0.4044.138
It might be worth taking some further steps and configure the system for a Clean Boot. If you are running a third party security suite you should probably consider uninstalling that and just relying on the native protection provided by the OS.

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Owner
Aug 18, 2010
New Zealand
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 81.0.4044.138
My I7 computer with 16 GB memory has chronic problems with running way too slow and hanging up to the point sometimes that it is unusable. I think something is running in the background which is slowing it down....I checked task manager, and disabled non-essential functions. It even might be MS one-drive. I can't figure it out.
Hi,

We need more info in order to help you, when things started happening? Did you scan your PC for viruses, did you check Hard drive usage, did you check hard drive for errors (example Hd tune software), which version of windows do you have installed?

Please provide as much info you can.

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 81.0.4044.138
Look at your task manager. Where is the bottleneck? What's sucking up all the resources. Is it CPU cycles, drive activity or memory usage (which I doubt if you have 16 GB installed)
Do you know how to check that stuff with the task manager? It should tell you everything you need to move on and fix this. If the task manager is hidden, then it's an infection. Run malwarebytes to start with and see what happens.