• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

damage file - is there any software or program camn fix my files

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

kanon

Feb 4, 2022
i have fileslike[video, pdf ,pic,micsof]damage is there any software or program camn fix my files

Probably not. At least not with a single click. If you are using antivirus software, that alone can severely damage your collection of pirated or even legitimate files by being overzealous yet not really offering any real-time, real-life protection. Some programs are a lot better than others at playing partially downloaded, antivirus software damaged, or files damaged by disk errors. You may be able to salvage whatever is left of your compromised files if they mean that much to you, but you will have to be more specific to get better instructions.

Video files particularly MP4 compression, forget it. Those files are linear and don't have a whole bunch of indexes. Simply put, in order to save space all that's left in a compressed video format is the header which contains all the into including where to start and how long the video is, resolution and the codec utilized to produced the video. The only other navigation left is an EOF marker at the end of the video. If you ever wondered how videos can fall out of sync, that's why. It takes a heck of a lot of space to include index markers in a video so the lower compression schemes do not have those sync problems and have a better chance of repairing if things go wrong.

Back