• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Disk Management

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

judgeent

May 30, 2019
Hi there,

I cannot load windows 10 pro, as I made a mistake in the disk partition and made it fat32 drive. I need to know is there a way to convert from fat32 to ntfs so I can install Windows again.

Type CMD in the search box on the left side of the task bar. When "Command Prompt" comes up as a result left click and then "run as administrator"
In the black pane that opens at the prompt ">" type "convert x: /FS:NTFS" where x = the drive letter of the connect drive you wish to convert. Be sure to wait until it's completed, it may take a while.. Done.
EDIT:
Sorry this slipped my mind yesterday. There is a good free software package EaseUS Partition Master that will do the conversion for you as well. The free version will take care of that or look around the torrents for the Pro version. Either way that will do a conversion as well as a whole bunch of useful disk utilities.

Last edited:
Back