• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

disk part error

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

vkabeer

May 25, 2019
i have a usb pendrive and it says write protection how to remove it and make my usb usb bootable

I get USB drives locked with OEM operating systems all the time. I have the software installed at work but I can't remember what it was. I do know it was free but the info was hard to find. The registry trick didn't work for me.
I know it's kind of lame but I will post the name and a link to download the software Tuesday morning when I get into work again. It's real brute force format software.
Let us all know if you find the answer sooner.

Hey if you want to have some fun and learn something along the way, I remember that for some reason it is impossible to touch that partition in a Windows environment. The program that I have at work boots into Linux and obliterates the file system on the drive leaving in a raw state. I forget the reason that the partition is untouchable, but no fiddling with disk management or registry values did any good. It's a piece of code I found out there, can't seem to recall where.

I think this is the same piece of software I used. I currently don't have a locked USB drive so I can't be sure.
It's freeware available here:

One thing, VRAM is kind of sensitive. You shouldn't use this or any complete format program or routine usually, a quick format is all flash memory requires and will extend it's life.

I think this is the same piece of software I used. I currently don't have a locked USB drive so I can't be sure.
It's freeware available here:

One thing, VRAM is kind of sensitive. You shouldn't use this or any complete format program or routine usually, a quick format is all flash memory requires and will extend it's life.

I may need this tools in future, Thank you!

I get USB drives locked with OEM operating systems all the time. I have the software installed at work but I can't remember what it was. I do know it was free but the info was hard to find. The registry trick didn't work for me.
I know it's kind of lame but I will post the name and a link to download the software Tuesday morning when I get into work again. It's real brute force format software.
Let us all know if you find the answer sooner.
Depends on what caused the LOCK, my self i use Hard Disk Low Level Format, for reset the USB to dafault, then format as fat32, never fails and I have saved many USBs that way for clients that "mess them up"

Back