• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!
Do Windows 10 Drivers Work On Windows 11?

Do Windows 10 Drivers Work On Windows 11?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Aug 18, 2010
ThumperTM submitted a new resource:

Do Windows 10 Drivers Work On Windows 11? - Do Windows 10 Drivers Work On Windows 11?

It’s common for computer users to have various doubts before upgrading to the latest version of the Windows operating system. For example, windows 10 PC users who have PCs that support Windows 11 have many queries regarding Windows 11.

Many PC users are reaching out to us asking if Windows 10 drivers will work when they upgrade to Windows 11. In this guide, we will try to answer this question.

[IMG alt="Windows 11 logo full...

Read more about this resource...

My own experience has been I prefer manufacturer vetted Win 10 drivers over what Windows update doles out. Of course YMMV, but that's my experience over many Win 11 system installs.

Well it seems Windows 11 has turned into Microsoft's playground. I have yet to see any company adopt Windows 11 partially because they seem to be changing the rules as they go. What kind of pisses me off is Microsoft has colluded with some hardware manufacturers to obsolete some older hardware that ran on Windows 10 all of a sudden gets flagged on Windows 11. AFAIK there is no good reason why there should be any difference in drivers between 10 and 11 other than M/S insists they are tightening and enforcing the rules in the name of security. I think it may be more a case of planned obsolescence, some of the printer manufacturers have been getting away with it for years. Let's see if the EU reacts like they did for Apple's power supply tricks but that was really blatant.

Back