• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

ElbyCDIO.dll missing (solution) - AnyDVD 7.5.3

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

hiya2234

Feb 22, 2015
This isn't a question for help. But a possible solution for the ElbyCDIO.dll missing .dll.

Last week, all of a sudden my AnyDVD stopped working, after it told me the trial had ended. I had patched it when I had installed it.

I reinstalled it, it said I had once again a trial of 21 days. Closed it and patched it, rebooted the pc and started AnyDVD, now it said ElbyCDIO.dll was missing and the program wouldn't start.

We're all aware that AV software does report false positives. Except for silent programs, they just delete the suspicious files. Or like Avast Antivirus does in silent mode, moves it to the virus chest/vault. I just realized that the actual file got missing, after it got patched. Avast sees that it got patched and moves it to the virus vault as Win32:patched-AOV (Trj).

The simple solution is: Go to the virus vault -> right-click the ElbyCDIO.dll in the virus vault -> and select 'Restore and add exception for this file'.

Advice for the Techtools team... Maybe add a note to the readme explaining that some AV software sees this as a false positive, and if you're running on silent/gaming mode, it will automatically move a suspicious file to the virus chest. So if a file is suddenly missing, always check the virus chest of your AV software. Also; as AnyDVD is useless without this file, temporarily disabling you AV software wouldn't work, as it will remove the file immediately as it gets loaded by AnyDVD the next day. It has to be whitelisted in your AV software.

Just wanted to let you all know. As I've tried searching for a solution, but couldn't find one...

Kind regards,
Hiya

Back