What's new

ERROR/CRASH when creating/merging Letters under "Mailing"

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

dezeptorian

Mar 5, 2016
Already have a file with an existing "List" on another Word document (done as expected, with insert table and filling in all fields/records/registers) with it already loaded as the designated database for recipients; as I start the process by going into MAILING > Selecting LETTERS under START MAIL MERGE > then go ahead and finish up by clicking over the far right on FINISH & MERGE, choose EDIT INDIVIDUAL DOCUMENTS > SELECT ALL. What happens afterwards is that I do get a new Document with all the different copies of the letters I wanted, but I CANNOT save them anywhere on my computer given that when I try to do so, Word just crashes and reboots ending up right where I started, leaving me empty handed of the merged copies.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?
Any tips/help you can provide?
Is it just me, failure in the installation/validation process?

Let me know, I need this for work.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B W10 Event Viewer Event ID: 19 error Windows 10 Help and Support 5
A ERROR "Activate your windows 10" though I purchased it Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 2
V disk part error Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 5
R Premiere Pro CC error on startup "Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any valid editing modes." Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 1
M Photoshop CC 2019 Install error 72 Windows 10 Help and Support 17
J KMS Auto Net Office patch error code 0x80041002 Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
A AutoData 3.45 problem error sentinel key not found. Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 5
R MS Office 2016 KMS error message Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
P Error when trying to run Adobe Premiere Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
T Autodata 3.45 Error Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
S Adobe Photoshop CC Portable 2015 Error Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 7
A WINDOWS XP INSTALL CHKDSK ERROR Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
H Photoshop CC 2015 Portable - Damaged error Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 4
A Office 2016 pro activator solution for error code 0xc004F074 Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 7
B Starters Orders access error Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
T Win8 Activation Error Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
T Win8 Installation Error Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
M Internet Download Manager ERROR Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 3