• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Favorite Windows Audio Player 2023?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
I am still quite partial to AIMP. It has the perfect amount of onboard signal processing to suit all the means I have of sound reproduction.

Your Favorites? Come on now, don't be shy. We are very interested in your opinions.

I listen to most of my music from Telegram which I get by using a bot to grab music from significant sites like YT and Spotify. But what makes all my audio so much better is FX Sound Enhancer. The Windows version is free now.

I listen to most of my music from Telegram which I get by using a bot to grab music from significant sites like YT and Spotify. But what makes all my audio so much better is FX Sound Enhancer. The Windows version is free now.
Granted it’s not what it used to be, but demix was a project our absent member th3m was involved with. Granted it’s only good for mp3 quality now but you would be hard pressed to find a vast collection for download free anywhere else. Give it a try, make sure you register with deezer using a toss out email and always use a vpn for that program. There have been reports. Just do a search for demix for the latest version and follow the install instructions.

KMPlayer for everything, used for years. Just block it with Firewall. For PC of course. Nothing for cellphone. On tablet old MX player.

Try Dopamine 3 , i tried all of these and this is where i stopped :)
New one to me. Love the name I think. I'll give it a try.
I get most of my music from the Usenet in flac and deemix for mp3's. Deemix is probably still my best source for obscure mp3 music. I have a couple of pair up more than decent bluetooth headphones w/noise reduction. Works for me when I am in the lab, we have a bunch of networking and VoIP hardware with noisy fans. If I am not on the phone with a customer, I am rocking out free from the drone of the cooling fans.
FX Sound along with the Microsoft headphone enhancer makes my stereo Jabra headsets sound fantastic on Teams calls or even phone bridge calls.

If you really like Deezer here is a pretty slick Telegram bot. The cool thing about Telegram is you store all the music you want in the chat with the bot and listen without downloading. Or you can download if you want.

Still WINAMP :)

Winamp 5.9.2 Released
17 April 2023, 14:08
Winamp 5.9.2 Build 10042

Winamp 5.9.2
* New: [ml_fanzone] Connect to the online Winamp Fanzone
* New: [ml_hotmix] Connect to the Hotmix Radio service
* Improved: [gen_crasher] Added correct Windows 11 detection method
* Improved: [ml_wire] Replace internal IE engine with Qt v5.12 engine (w.i.p.)
* Fixed: Erroneous "URL: Winamp Command Handler" filetype association
* Fixed: [Big Bento] Drag titlebar issue
* Fixed: [Big Bento] Config overlap issue
* Fixed: [ml_local] Drag to rearrange smart view order causes corruption
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] Memory leaks
* Misc: Added option for RC builds in Update notifications
* Misc: All DLLs are now digitally signed
* Misc: Many more general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Replaced: jnetlib.w5s functions moved to new wac_network.w5s component
* Replaced: dlmgr.w5s functions moved to new wac_downloads.w5s component
* Updated: [jpeg] ijg-libjpeg 9e

I used to use AIMP, but now I use VLC. Why? I already had VLC on my system, and I decided I didn't need another program on my computer when I already had one that did the same thing.

It doesn't matter now, because I have a 1TB SSD and have plenty of room for both. But I still don't see the need for two programs that do the same thing.

I used to use AIMP, but now I use VLC. Why? I already had VLC on my system, and I decided I didn't need another program on my computer when I already had one that did the same thing.

It doesn't matter now, because I have a 1TB SSD and have plenty of room for both. But I still don't see the need for two programs that do the same thing.
VLC FTW :D

I stubbornly stick to OLD Winamp. Why? Because I love the visualizer. The Milk Drop presets have never ever been improved upon.
Back in the ancient days, late '60's, I had the first Light Show in Los Angeles, and did some shows at the Whiskey when Jefferson Airplane made their L.A. debut.
The body ages but the mind still flies!

Back