• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Google Chrome Consumes a lot of RAM

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

desdos20

Mar 10, 2020
Hello Sir, I would like to ask you to please fix the battery usage of chrome, why is o that while on the other hand Opera dont usage more than 2% > please help me to fix this issue in the pics as described.B.PNGA.PNG

Well I wish I had a simple answer.
My first question would be what extensions have you loaded in Chrome? Some of this stuff gets dumped on you without your direct knowledge when installing a program. I guess the first step would be to click on that puzzle piece in the top right hand corner of Chrome and see what extensions are currently being used by Chrome. Uninstall anything that you don't recognise.
ALternatively you can use CCleaner, Load it, go to Tools and click the Browser Plugins Tab and disable/delete of anything you don't recognize.
For a very long complicated story on Chrome and memory usage you can read all about it here:
I hope this helps you.

Well just for the record there are 3 HTML rendering engines left for browsers.
First is WebKit. Developed originally by Apple, and a version is used in Opera. It was the framework for Blink
Next up is Gecko. Firefox and all the rebrands use this engine.
Finally there is Blink the word dominator for now developed from a fork in WebKit development. It walks like WebKit, it talks like WebKit but it is functionally different enough to get it's own name. Google Chrome, Chromium, Microsoft Edge and a bunch of rebranded spin-offs as it is open source. The basics remain the same across all the browsers written using it.
So I know it could be argues to death which is your favorite. Blink is the leader by far right now so expect web pages to be optimized for it, right or wrong you can't argue with numbers.StatCounter-browser-ww-monthly-202011-202011-bar.pngStatCounter-browser-ww-monthly-202011-202011-bar.png

Back