• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Hard Drive Cloning. Best or Not so Best.

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ARCADIAN

Jan 11, 2018
Hello I Have a Hard drive in which I cloned with Reflect Maricum, its copied the drive right before it crashed a week later. I can make a copy of the drive, but it doesnt read a certain point of the drive, its Boots up in a laptop fine, But when i put it in a certain CNC machine which I got the original from, its wont read it, just gives me a blank screen with a flashing cursor. If i put this copied drive to a old laptop its boot up. Okay the CNC machine uses a Epson D486 PC card, has an OLD bios, I can access the bios no problem make changes, but it wont read the HDD.

Anyways The point i am asking which cloning programs do you guys prefer, This cnc machine uses a win95 booting but i cant tell how they made it I think it Windows 95C very small version of it. I used reflect MAricum, Just curious on what you guys might used, Clonezilla, Easus, Minitool, HDD Raw Copy. Is there a real sector to sector copier?? I think i can fix this drive by replacing the PCB I am waiting for it to arrive, but til then, which Cloning software do you Guys Like.

Thanks !!

Appreciate any Direction or Suggestions.

It sounds like your only solution is to try a forensic drive copy software. Given it's age goodness knows what your CNC machine is looking for and what it may have stashed on it's hard drive. Forensic disc copy doesn't look for or expect to find any O/S software or file structure, it's a sector by sector, bit by bit copy, errors and all.
At one time I had a couple of retired drive copy machines used by law enforcement but I got rid of them. Your best bet is using software for that purpose. Win 95 is an old DOS based O/S and I wonder if normal cloning software in 2020 can deal with it properly.
So here you go:
There is a dandy tutorial by EaseUs here:
I munged the link, I don't like posting direct links from this board.
https:// www. easeus (dot) com/disk-copy/clone-resource/create-a-forensic-disk-image-of-computer.html
You know the drill to make that work. (remove spaces, replace (dot) with . )
Next do a search on 1337x.to for "EaseUs Disk Copy 2.3.1 [Home Edition]". It's an active torrent not the newest version but in your case that's a good thing.
That's your best bet. I hope it works. Good luck!

Please ignore all of tolikkk's posts and do not follow any links provided.

Back