• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

having trouble with avast premier

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

jackattackman

Apr 16, 2017
I downloaded and installed avast premier from the torrent and used the key but when i restart my computer it switches to a trial version
How do you keep it from switching to a trial version?

Restart is not required for license activation. Try this, hover the mouse over the avast icon and right-click on the "Open file location" bar when the eye of the location opens, go to the top of the folder where the file is located, then right click go to "Properties" and uncheck the box "Read only" and then confirm. After rebooting if Avast happens, it should have saved data from before reboot. So if it was full version, then after reboot should be the same with the same settings you set. 2 method is an update with new license files.

yaro2219 said:
Restart is not required for license activation. Try this, hover the mouse over the avast icon and right-click on the "Open file location" bar when the eye of the location opens, go to the top of the folder where the file is located, then right click go to "Properties" and uncheck the box "Read only" and then confirm. After rebooting if Avast happens, it should have saved data from before reboot. So if it was full version, then after reboot should be the same with the same settings you set. 2 method is an update with new license files.

hi Yaro, and other people!

I have been using the Thumper Avast Premier 2017 for a couple months now, but it seems to me that the offline installer/license-file is by-passed after installing the 17.7.2314 version (releasedate October 10th). Avast tells you that the installation of the update is completed after rebooting. After rebooting Avast Premier has turned itself into Avast "Pro" Antivirus - which is actually a trial version.

Can someone confirm this? Or tell me how to keep Premier instead of switching to Antivirus, whilst updating the program?

Thank you all in advance!

Love from Amsterdam :mrgreen:

Avast 2017 Pro can't insert License

<t>I'm having problem Avast 2017 Pro can't insert License file what should I do ?</t>

Mine switched to Free version after update. It's 17.1.2286
There's 17.8.2318 available, but I can't update to that version, since it resets itself to Avast Free Antivirus. Any solutions for this? I'm using license key valid until 2013.

kalabaster said:
There's 17.8.2318 available, but I can't update to that version, since it resets itself to Avast Free Antivirus. Any solutions for this? I'm using license key valid until 2013.

I had the same, but it's actually really simple. Reinstall avast and use the license. Just make sure that after you update the program you do not reboot when Avast asks you. Avast will continuously urge you to reboot in order to 'finalize the installation', but it will back off after some time.

ps: I do not know if the 2023 file is still usable, the 2021 is though.

Milan0vic post_id=96983 time=1511216082 user_id=155957 said:
kalabaster said:

I had the same, but it's actually really simple. Reinstall avast and use the license. Just make sure that after you update the program you do not reboot when Avast asks you. Avast will continuously urge you to reboot in order to 'finalize the installation', but it will back off after some time.

ps: I do not know if the 2023 file is still usable, the 2021 is though.

Hmm!
i'm going to try this solution i got a similar problem but whit update 18.2.2328
got a question wen u say reinstall u mean over the update or uninstall and then reinstall?

Back