• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

help request to put a Windows 7 in FR

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

bradyend

May 1, 2021
Hello everybody ,

I come to you on this day, because I encounter a concern,

I would like to switch a Windows 7 from English to French just with the boot.wim after what someone could explain to me)

and on Windows 7 it does not work, I have the right to this famous error message:

- it tells me: Windows cannot read the ProductKey parameter from the unattended answer file.

on the other hand if in the iso that I want to modify I copy the File folders: full boot

and the following files from File Folders: Source
- boot.wim
- EI.CFG
- install.wim
- setup.exe

the system starts completely in FR but on the other hand when choosing the system to install

it says to me: Windows could not display the images available for installation

here is the preview of the iso I want to put in FR, if someone has time to tell me exactly what to do that would be great :)

Big thanks ,

I am not sure what's going on. The OEM copy of Win 7 in French is easily available for download if and can be legally installed if you have a COA.
If you are looking for an exercise I would go ahead and download the corresponding OEM French copy and swap out the files that are different and perhaps your current copy will retain all other properties.
Of course you may have to play around with what you switch until you get the results you want. It would be a great way for you to learn the nuts and bolts of a Win 7 install.

Back