• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

How to change view "group by" to none permanently

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Sailorboy

Sep 14, 2021
Every time I change group by to none it reverts back. I want it to be "none" permanently. I've tried every suggestion I could find on the Internet. A suggestions?

"Group" is kind of an ubiquitous term for Windows. What exactly are you trying to remove and from where and we can help you.

In a windows directory, like Downloads, clicking on the view in the menu, group by, clicking none, and changing the settings does not hold on subsequent requests. The view reverts back to the old settings, or windows default.

I know the title of this article doesn't answer your question but scroll down and I think you will get your answer.
Windows group policy seems to be a one-way trip with no intuitive way out. If you follow the instructions exactly it should fix your problem.
Clearing Group Policy

In a windows directory, like Downloads, clicking on the view in the menu, group by, clicking none, and changing the settings does not hold on subsequent requests. The view reverts back to the old settings, or windows default.
Have you looked at the "folder options" under the three little dots near the View option and made any changes there?

OldGeek

Back