• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

How to REMOVE "XML.SEAVIBES.CLUB" POPUP ADWARE VIRUS?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

cndps

May 25, 2019

Note: The virus removal method may be different for you. This is because there is multiple variants of this virus.

To completly remove "XML.SEAVIBES.CLUB"

1) Verify if you have any unwanted apps
c:\windows\system32\appwiz.cpl

2) Uninstall Chrome and switch to Brave

Last edited by a moderator:
OK First I applaud anyone who wants to take the time to go through and remove an infection by hand from their system. Most times it works and sometimes it fails but that's how you learn.
I wasn't aware this malware ( I am not sure I would call it a virus) is a wide scale infection. From what I just read it piggybacks on downloads of "free" software (which in most cases is an oxymoron).
That being said anyone looking for a quick, painless and complete removal of this malware , Malwarebytes does a good job.

Here you are again cndps pushing links with affiliate payouts, which makes me wonder why if Brave is so good why do they pay people to use it? Personally I find 3rd party add-ons much more trustworthy for either Chrome or Firefox and it's variants.
I use uBlock Origin, Malwarebytes browser extension and Emisoft Browser Security and nothing ever gets through. I think the last two add-ons may still be in Beta but they work like a champ and they don't seem to slow things down much if at all.

I have mellowed with time but I used to eat spammers for breakfast and enjoyed every mouthful. 419er's are tasty too but that's another story.

I got a virus on smartphone once. And it was impossible to remove this virus. What is it?

I got a virus on smartphone once. And it was impossible to remove this virus. What is it?
Really? I have to admit I don't know how to fix outside of a factory restore. Did you try that and was it persistent?
If so please tell us more. I was led to believe that a factory restore fixes all but then again you probably know more about smartphones than I do.

its remove form update firmware your phone and maybe its ad junk virus.. if you all time off your unknown app option its not attack your phone also not use some free apps, 9apps,uc mini browser.ETC

Well the old rumor mill is churning once again. Talk has it the same group that was infecting every Windows system they could in 2016 have been laying low and experimenting with infecting iOS and Android devices something they overlooked in 2016. You have to agree that these non-Windows powered mobile devices represent a huge pool of Internet traffic to manipulate. If you are even the slightest bit clever it should be possible to keep such infections under the radar due to the nature of the GUI on these devices. So our member cndps may be one of the early causalities.
The only device missing from my stable is an Android tablet running a current edition of the OS. Time to dig one up and see what's happening. Ignorance is not bliss in my book.
Reminds me of a song from a local band:

Back