• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

I Want My Windows 10 Features Back!!!

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Anybody else notice Microsoft Teams is being shoved down your throat in Win 11? Don't get me wrong, my company mission is tightly bundled with Teams and I use it every day. Great cross platform support, but how about turning down the volume M/S?
How much different is it than 10 after all. The forum shows I am posting from a Win 10 system. This is an up to date Win 11 system. I don't use Edge.

Anybody else notice Microsoft Teams is being shoved down your throat in Win 11? Don't get me wrong, my company mission is tightly bundled with Teams and I use it every day. Great cross platform support, but how about turning down the volume M/S?
How much different is it than 10 after all. The forum shows I am posting from a Win 10 system. This is an up to date Win 11 system. I don't use Edge.
Makes you think back to the IE times and miss-use of markt position of OS. Bundling 'third party' apps... First party in this case.

I know this is an old thread, but I really tried to get along with Winders 11 on a new laptop. Just not gonna happen. I nuked it, cloned my precious meticulously groomed Winders 10 (No telemetry, Cortana, Edge, updates, Xbox and all the rest of the crapola), and I now have an even speedier computer with the features I want and need. The old laptop was physically worn out. It's sitting on a shelf running my security system, a trusted old friend.
Windows 11 just looks too foofoo - warm and fuzzy looking if you will.
If I had wanted an Apple I would have bought an Apple.

Thanks. I just nuke the hard drive down to one big partition, then create a C: Partition with 75 GB. After I get WIndows 10 reinstalled, I use Minitool Partition Wizard to create additional partitions. I NEVER store data on the Operating System partition, including downloads, program installs, or anything I don't want to lose if the OS partition is corrupted. You can save many hours reinstalling an OS partition only. And if you periodically clone the OS partition you can be back up and running in very short order without having to start from Ground Zero.

I then nuke he BIOS of any boot loaders other than the disk system. I have found that some used computers will still have embedded BIOS loaders which try to point to a company's network servers, asset tracking, etc.

Then I use RUFUS to boot from a USB and install whatever flavor of Windows 10 needed, and go get a beer. I the case of Dell computers, once you get the network connection working, you can go to Dell and download the Windows 10 version shipped with the particular computer, including drivers and stuff. Then you can let Windows update to the latest flavor of Windows.

Now comes the fun part: Deleting or uninstalling the baked in Windows crap you don't want, disable telemetry, updating, install your brand of browser and setting up the computer the way you want it, including other partitions and sundry other tools such as Revo Uninstaller, Search Everything from Voidtools, and, of course, FLoatLED, the disk activity indicator.

I then use an app to transfer installed apps from an app cloner. Saves a lot of time.

As I said, I genuinely tried to give Windows 11 a chance, but it is just too annoyingly similar to MAC OS, missing things I use, and dammit, I have been using he taskbar a the top of the screen for years and I'm too old to learn where to find things again.

It's kind of like when we got married 53 years ago. Our second fight. She agreed to NEVER "clean up" and rearrange MY workbench, and I agreed not to smoke cigars in her car or rearrange HER kitchen. And of course, put the lid down on the throne. That, of course was the FIRST flight. First night as well, IIRC...

Thanks for the info. Their method works, but I like mine, and I detest those computer generated voiceovers.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I really tried to get along with Winders 11 on a new laptop. Just not gonna happen. I nuked it, cloned my precious meticulously groomed Winders 10 (No telemetry, Cortana, Edge, updates, Xbox and all the rest of the crapola), and I now have an even speedier computer with the features I want and need. The old laptop was physically worn out. It's sitting on a shelf running my security system, a trusted old friend.
Windows 11 just looks too foofoo - warm and fuzzy looking if you will.
If I had wanted an Apple I would have bought an Apple.
This is the never ending push from Microsoft starting with Win 8. The goal is to have one unified O/S and GUI. It's still a mess IMO. Microsoft sees the processing power of smartphones grow every few months as well as the display quality. Microsoft is trying to position an equal or better solution to Apple's product line. I am sure M/S board cries every time they look at Apple's bottom line. Unfortunately even the uniqueness of Apple products is being eroded, look at the low cost Chromebook based products being adopted by school systems once a stalwart of Apple. Chromebook users are more familiar with the Windows GUI vs IOS's, a double blow to Apple. It's going to be interesting how this unification project progresses at M/S. Stay tuned.

Downgrade to windows 10
Yeah but remember there are corp environments still paying a premium to get Win 7 updates. That still doesn’t help the masses. I was chasing those Win 7 updates for a while. Win 10 users will eventually forced down that rabbit hole too.

Back