• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Installing windows 11 on any computer

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

oldgeek

Aug 25, 2021
Earlier on I mentioned about installing windows 11 on no spec machines. Just to make it simpler I have re-written the means. I know there are other moethods but just in case someone wants to play with an old machine. Remember though it does have to meet minimum specs and not talkng about the windows requirements.

Open regedit
select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Select \SYSTEM
select \Setup
Select \MoSetup
In the right column, right click and select NEW
Select DWORD(32-bit)Value
Replace Value with - AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU
Double click the replaced value
Select Hexidecimal
Replace the 0 with 1 in the value data box
click ok

The .reg file if you want to make one, should look something like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTE\Setup\MoSetup]
"AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU"=dword:00000001

Write it in notepad and when you go to save it, change the option to All Files and save it as *filname*.reg. The *filername* being what ever you want to name it as.

OldGeek

Earlier on I mentioned about installing windows 11 on no spec machines. Just to make it simpler I have re-written the means. I know there are other moethods but just in case someone wants to play with an old machine. Remember though it does have to meet minimum specs and not talkng about the windows requirements.

Open regedit
select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Select \SYSTEM
select \Setup
Select \MoSetup
In the right column, right click and select NEW
Select DWORD(32-bit)Value
Replace Value with - AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU
Double click the replaced value
Select Hexidecimal
Replace the 0 with 1 in the value data box
click ok

The .reg file if you want to make one, should look something like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTE\Setup\MoSetup]
"AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU"=dword:00000001

Write it in notepad and when you go to save it, change the option to All Files and save it as *filname*.reg. The *filername* being what ever you want to name it as.

OldGeek

Thanks, will release a .bat

well you cannot install it on any machine, i do suggest something like over 2GHZ and with over 4 gb of ram, and has to be 64 bit computer, couldnt put it on a laptop with the intel celeron chip. with 3ghz since its not 64 bit. but in reality any 64 bit machine will work even with 2gb of ram but it will run sluggish.

good luck.

well you cannot install it on any machine, i do suggest something like over 2GHZ and with over 4 gb of ram, and has to be 64 bit computer, couldnt put it on a laptop with the intel celeron chip. with 3ghz since its not 64 bit. but in reality any 64 bit machine will work even with 2gb of ram but it will run sluggish.

good luck.
I have an old system but it has an Amd 6 core processor 3.5ghz and 16 gb of ram and this did not work. I've tried every hack I can find and nothing works.

Simply download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant from the official Microsoft website and then you can install it easily.

Yes, here the one line execution...
Code:
Ctrl+R (Start)

reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup" /v AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU /t REG_DWORD /d "00000001" /f

I am really starting to dislike 11. It sure isn’t written for power users.

I'm still using Windows Server 2012 & 7. I just don't see any features that tempt me to 11. I did like Windows 11 a little more than Windows 10 performance-wise but what is the benefit of installing Windows 11 on ancient machines? It is fun to mess around with the old boxes sometimes though.

Simply download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant from the official Microsoft website and then you can install it easily. I tried via upgrade but lost product key, did a rollback, lost data. Went to service to have RAID DATA RECOVERY done and then resume work. But i have a question how can i do it myself if i don't have access to new bios form after recovery? I tried installing software on top of it to run Windows from a flash drive, but it doesn't work

Last edited:
Simply download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant from the official Microsoft website and then you can install it easily. I tried via upgrade but lost product key, did a rollback, lost data.
Yes, I also lost a lot of stuff installing Windows 10, foolishly assuming everything would be saved in the Windows Old folder like previous versions. Windows 11 is a little better but poor legacy support will probably have me running xp when I need to get real work done again.

I'm still using Windows Server 2012 & 7. I just don't see any features that tempt me to 11. I did like Windows 11 a little more than Windows 10 performance-wise but what is the benefit of installing Windows 11 on ancient machines?
charter spectrum login

attwifimanager

Last edited:
With older machines Example 2 gigs of memory I have ran all windows OS as test. Now with only 2 gigs of memory one can download "Process lasso" then set the app to Bitsum highest performance mode. When we open the Process lasso app in upper left we select MAIN, then select Performance Mode enabled. Then set the "edit power plan" options in windows and make sure it is set to Bitsum Highest performance. Pictures below will show the power plan settings. Once this is done the machine will run at peak peformance and will be usable.

Power Plan Settings

2022-10-27_08-28-13.png

2022-10-27_08-28-50.png

2022-10-27_08-29-36.png

2022-10-27_08-31-57.png

The images above show the settings on the last image one can also set the hard drive to never turn off.

This little TUT will help those with slower machines I have already tested several old machines with windows 11 and it does HELP and WORKS.

Enjoy :)

Back