What's new

Installing XP SP3 on a formatted Hard Disk

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

IloveKrabs

May 19, 2015
I was looking for a Windows XP ISO that I could install on my computer hard disk which I wiped out for a fresh OS install. Windows XP because I had installed other Microsoft OS such as the 8.1 Pro and 7 Ultimate previously but I wasn't comfortable using them so much . So, I found this on ThePirateBay:

NO TORRENT LINKS

Since it is SP3, I doubt it will work. If it doesn't, what should I do ?

IloveKrabs

May 19, 2015
I previously had tried installing another XP SP3 ISO which I had received from a friend, two years back. When I booted that disk, it had given a blue screen, some error related to drivers , I don't remember clearly. In some places I read that one must have previous service packs installed already to install SP3.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
X After clean installing Windows 10 Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 10
B Installing a hard drive for a backup on the network Windows 10 Help and Support 2
S Problem with installing office 2016 on windows 10 Windows 10 Help and Support 4
DVDR_Dog How to Block Windows 10 Update Force Installing the New Edge Browser Windows 10 Help and Support 6
B Windows 8 boot up screen complete freeze after installing new hardware Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 5
S Microsoft office pro plus 2016 not fully installing on Windows 10. Windows 10 Help and Support 4
Teebagger KMSpico 10.1.8 FINAL + Portable installing issues Windows 10 Help and Support 21
J I need help installing the premium version of Malwarebytes. Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
Q Trouble installing Acrobat 11 patch, amtemu.v0.9.-painter Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
M Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016 - Installing on MAC Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
B Need help installing FolderLock 7.5.2. Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 0
K Ardamax keylogger not installing Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 7
C KMSpico Windows 7 Installing Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
R Nero 2016 Platinum not installing Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
B installing kaspersky keys Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 5
D Installing OS/ booting with usb Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
M Need help installing winrar Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 3
L Windows XP SP3 key Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
R XP Professional SP3 Genuine Copy Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 4
ThumperTM Windows XP Professional SP3 2013/2014/2015 [Support] Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 390
D Windowsxp Professional SP3 April2013 +sata drivers Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 9
M windows xp sp3 pro help please? Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 10
D Win XP Pro SP3 x86 June 2012 + Sata Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
D Windows Xp sp3 Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 6