• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Jailbreaking-iPod suggest

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Izotable

Jan 19, 2012
Would you suggest me to Jailbreak my iPod Touch :/
Some people say it's awesome because you can do anything with your iPod and get anything free..
While some say it causes laggs, and others say it's also risky because your chances are 10% to get your iPod crash and never working...again, while you jailbreak it or after :/
Suggestion?
Please do speak only if you have any experience and not just guessing :/

Ok i have 2 iPod Touchs and ive been jailbreaking since the iPod touch 2g came out. I got both an iPod 2g and 4g. Ok so the thing is yes you can get "cracked" ipa or apps so you do get games from the app store for free. You get a jailbroken prog called Cydia that lets you install 3rd party tweaks. One is like you get the famous Siri on your ipod the other is installous for cracked apps then the most famous atm id say is iAp Cracker that lets you get MOST but not all in game purchases like gems or hearts for free. So yes the lag part that is a bit true but depends what you get if you get custom themes or looks from a prob called winterboard there will be slight lag but if you dnt there is BARELY any lag and only the start up time of your iPod touch would be slower a bit sluggish when using but wont be noticed too much. Ok for the last thing that there is a 10% chance to get your iPod touch to crash so this is UNTRUE this is a rumor people made up called Bricked iPod or iPhone. This is really IMPOSSIBLE unless you go into the iPod touch system files like windows one and delete them all and im sure you wouldnt do that. So yes your iPod is safe but there is a chance it might once in a while get frozen or temp ruined due to jailbroken tweaks and stuff but every problem can in the end be solved by restoring your ipod touch. People complain that there iPod is bricked only cause they are 1st time jailbreakers and dnt knw what to do or cause for restoring an iPod that is having problem due to a jailbreak has a bit different methods such as putting the ipod into dfu to restore but you will become familiar with that. So my suggestion is that you can jailbreak your iPod see how are the tweaks if you like them keep jailbreak or restore. Though you would probably have to fresh restore it atleast once in 2-4 months depending on how you use it and what you install. Hope i explained all your questions :)

Thx dude, I just jailbroke my iPod, and I got Cydia and I got few paid games from Installous ^^
If anyone wants to jailbreak their iPod Touch or iPhone I suggest yu go to Jailbreakme.com wihin your device and jailbreak it or use Redsn0w's program, I heard jailbreaking is legal, go check out Jailbreakme.com if you don't belive me xD
I do not highly recommend jailbreaking, but it's fun to have full control over your device
GL (use google)

Double post so i deleted one for you.
Anyway yes jailbreaking now is legal but the thing about different methods such as jailbreakme.com are that they dont work with every device or every firmware and if forced on an incompatible device may cause problem such as cydia crashing etc. So its recommended before you update or change firmware check if theres a jailbreak and which software to use. The good thing is jailbreakme.com tells you what to use and your firmware i forgot to mention that in my original post :/. Though personally i suggest jailbreaking to a friend or someone who knws what their doing and wants/needs those features but it doesnt hurt to do it the first time as you can always restore and go back and you knw a bit more about it so you dont mess up the next time. Anyway good to hear that you got your iPod jailbroken congratz :)

Back