• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Keep Getting Notice of Action under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

bchance717

Jan 6, 2022
When using my home internet which is Comcast and downloading anything from HBO (specifically S.E.A.L & Dexter New Blood) I get this notice. When I have looked it up everyone says to just use a VPN as a solution. Unfortunately I don't have the money to purchase a VPN with already paying for Comcast and the free version of Nord VPN is no where near fast enough to download any large files. My question I guess is.. is there another way to stop this from happening. I'm pretty sure its happening when the Torrent client (Bit-Torrent & Seeds the file and I have had trouble stopping that from happening obviously this being my like ten notice I am concerned about loosing my access to the internet speeds available through Comcast. Please any suggestions help the easiest way the better. Thanks in advance. ;)

Get a Paid VPN or forget P2P downloading esp. if Comcast is your ISP. There is no way around that. There are people out there who's job it is to turn you in.

When using my home internet which is Comcast and downloading anything from HBO (specifically S.E.A.L & Dexter New Blood) I get this notice. When I have looked it up everyone says to just use a VPN as a solution. Unfortunately I don't have the money to purchase a VPN with already paying for Comcast and the free version of Nord VPN is no where near fast enough to download any large files. My question I guess is.. is there another way to stop this from happening. I'm pretty sure its happening when the Torrent client (Bit-Torrent & Seeds the file and I have had trouble stopping that from happening obviously this being my like ten notice I am concerned about loosing my access to the internet speeds available through Comcast. Please any suggestions help the easiest way the better. Thanks in advance. ;)
I know that there is something like 3-strikes you will have 3 of those emails to get banned from isp. Remember that Comcast is just a internet provider and needs to make money while adjusting to rogue users.

If you need VPNS, Check signature or the following link...

I am not sure whether you have looked around for free a VPN, most are slow mainly because they are giving it for free. However, there is one I used quite a while ago and the speed wasn't too bad. It was called PRIVADO
Not sure whether you have looked for a free service, but have a look at Proton VPN, the speed is not so bad and it is almost (I do say almost) as good as a paid service. I have tried it a while ago, when I was using someone else's machine, and I was reasonably impressed, but don't look for a premium type service as it just isn't possible to get that on free services.

Oldgeek

Privado drove me nuts, I get a complementary subscription from my Usenet provider. I use TorGuard, I have a hard time recommending them but I have an account that's unlimited at $14.99 every 6 months and the speeds are good, you may have to change servers now and then.
Their client is buggy but they do incorporate Wireguard. It's worth noting most of these vpn services use the same pool of servers which is good and bad.
The sad truth is you really shouldn't do anything questionable without using a vpn, it's just foolish not to go out there with your ID flapping in the wind.

Last edited:
i get this notice from comcast a lot. just get a vpn or turn stop seeding that torrent.

i get this notice from comcast a lot. just get a vpn or turn stop seeding that torrent.
And Comcast hasn't cut your account off? Get a VPN before you do any more downloading, seeding or not. Otherwise just wait for that knock on your front door by someone you really don't want to meet.
They are not playing games with you. It can get extremely serios if the enity issuing the DMCA complaint want's to get nasty or make an issue of you. Fines and attorney fees can stretch well into the six-figure amounts. If you are a minor they can drag your parents into the issue as well. I repeat, you are breaking the law. Get caught and you will be proscuted and sued for damages in a civil lawsuit on top of the criminal charges. Get a VPN and if you have been cited multiple times for DMCA violations I would lay low for some time. Switch providers while you are at it if you have an alternative. Finally, start using your common sense or pay the price.

Back