• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Make Windows 7 recovery iso files bootable to usb

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

desdos20

Mar 10, 2020
Hey guys, I would like to know that I have 4 recovery windows 7 files as a Boot disc, Disc1.iso. Disk2.iso, Disk3.iso, and Disk4.iso
Now I have two questions
1. is it possible to combine all of these files to make a single iso file.
2. can I make a bootable USB from these files, if is it what is the best software to do this job?
Waiting for your response guys

Attachments

• gg.PNG
    gg.PNG
    5.1 KB · Views: 7
Theoretically yes. The easiest way would be to load the existing disks and create an image from it. Why I say that is a ThinkPad T430 Win 7 needs a butt load of drivers. A fresh current install is going to save time in long run since M/S has EOL Win 7 who knows how long Win 7 drivers and M/S updates will be around.
I guess you can mount your existing disks extract the files combine them into one folder and use Rufus to build a new bootable USB ISO.
Keep in mind those disks you have were designed to be loaded sequentially. You may have to keep disk 1 separate and make that bootable with Rufus on it's on USB stick then follow up loading the files in order from the extracted ISO's. See what I mean? ThinkPads are a bit different than an average system so what may be normal for systems in general won't work on your Lenovo TP.
I wish I could be more definitive but you are kind of going in a reverse. It would be far better if you made the backup on a USB stick to begin with. Unfortunately your ThinkPad may not allow you to backup to a single USB drive.
It will be a learning experience, that's for sure. I have loaded a ton of T430's in the day but always used an OEM Win 7 disk.
Good luck!

In the old Dos days, with 7 disk to install, We use to extract all files from Disk to 1 Folder, then insert a Disk 1 disk2 to disk 7 folders. then burn all to a CD-RW and then when you ran install it seen all 7 disk and just worked. Make sure the name is 100% proper. for ea folder.

In the old Dos days, with 7 disk to install, We use to extract all files from Disk to 1 Folder, then insert a Disk 1 disk2 to disk 7 folders. then burn all to a CD-RW and then when you ran install it seen all 7 disk and just worked. Make sure the name is 100% proper. for ea folder.
Completely correct.

(rolls eyes) Who me? Anybody remember 5 1/4" floppies? How about the 5 1/4" drives connected to C-64s? Better yet how about the cassette tape drives for VIC-20s?
My company did a bunch of work for Commodore back in the day so I always had their newest stuff. I did some consulting work with TRS-80s running TRSDOS for a fairly big Pharma company.

Rufus is a good idea for burning iso and make a bootable usb.As well as iMgburn.
More methods and more software can also be found here.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I would like to know that I have 4 recovery windows 7 files as a Boot disc, Disc1.iso. Disk2.iso, Disk3.iso, and Disk4.iso
Now I have two questions
1. is it possible to combine all of these files to make a single iso file.
2. can I make a bootable USB from these files, if is it what is the best software to do this job?
Waiting for your response guys
It’s not hard to create a Windows 7 repair USB drive from ISO. However, this drive can’t be used for Windows versions that are different from the Windows version of the Windows ISO file. In other words, a Windows 7 recovery USB cannot be used to repair a computer running Windows 10 and a recovery USB from Windows 7 64bit is unable to repair Windows 7 32bit operating system.

To boot any version of Windows 10/8/7, you can turn to third party software like AOMEI Backupper Standard to create bootable media with USB drive. Apart from creating bootable media, AOMEI Backupper can:
◉ Backup and restore Windows system, disks, partitions, or specific files.
◉ You are allowed to save backup images on a local disk, external hard drive, network share, or cloud service, etc.
◉ It offers you various schedule modes including Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers and USB plug in to make a backup.

Regards,
Rick Bale

Back