• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Microsoft AI... What is really known?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

theThinker202

Mar 6, 2021
Microsoft AI ...
What do you know about it firsthand?
Any way to remove it?
I Am not partial to being forced to have a new member added to my household and not being able to claim it as a dependant since I am feeding it!

I take it you are referring to our Windows friend Cortana. She can be removed although it's not easy as add/remove. The easiest way is to use Revo uninstaller. If you choose Windows Apps in the main menu it will completely remove that program.
Alternatively:
Hope that helps.
Use Duckduckgo to keep everyone's eyes off you.
EDIT:
I was messing around with a fresh install with the latest updates.
Cortana does show up as an uninstall in CCleaner for what that's worth.

Last edited:
I take it you are referring to our Windows friend Cortana. She can be removed although it's not easy as add/remove. The easiest way is to use Revo uninstaller. If you choose Windows Apps in the main menu it will completely remove that program.
Alternatively:
Hope that helps.
Use Duckduckgo to keep everyone's eyes off you.
I do use DuckDuckGo my friend. Thanks for the reminder, I also use Cryptostorm VPN. the best of the best.
I am shocked at the number of people lured in by NORD VPN and their lie of anonymity. All it takes is to read the fine print!
As far as Cortana goes, my question is this, If I have disabled it from using the internet the common ways to do it, are there back doors that STILL alow it to report to Microsoft?

As far as Cortana goes, my question is this, If I have disabled it from using the internet the common ways to do it, are there back doors that STILL alow it to report to Microsoft?
Well no if you completely remove the app using the methods in my post. Yes Microsoft would rather you just "disable" Cortana which just means it is still calling home behind the scenes but more or less invisible to the users. Thank goodness for the EU and their vigilance. They would have quickly fined the heck out of Microsoft if there was no way to completely remove Cortana. Microsoft has abandoned any hope of making Cortana a "Hey Google" or "Alexa". Just another M/S misguided flop. They just keep her around to spy on users and direct advertisements.

Well no if you completely remove the app using the methods in my post. Yes Microsoft would rather you just "disable" Cortana which just means it is still calling home behind the scenes but more or less invisible to the users. Thank goodness for the EU and their vigilance. They would have quickly fined the heck out of Microsoft if there was no way to completely remove Cortana. Microsoft has abandoned any hope of making Cortana a "Hey Google" or "Alexa". Just another M/S misguided flop. They just keep her around to spy on users and direct advertisements.
Thank you again for our knowledge base. I was a bit apprehensive about removing Cortana altogether as Microsoft ties in many functions into it and to remove it might have destroyed the ability to use another APP, but now I am not worried about it. Thanks again.

I had disabled Cortana but decided to follow this tip and use Revo to remove entirely. Got a copy of Revo 4.2.3 but it does NOT show Cortana under Win apps! see image.
Cortana still there, I can make it run from search bar.

Attachments

• revo.jpg
    revo.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 2
Hmm.
Well no worries. Winaero has published a short guide along with a small download with the script necessary to completely remove Cortana.
I've attached the script here for download as well.
This script needs to be run as administrator if you don't care to read the short Winaero story.

Attachments

• Uninstall_Cortana.zip
    20 KB · Views: 2
Hmm.
Well no worries. Winaero has published a short guide along with a small download with the script necessary to completely remove Cortana.
I've attached the script here for download as well.
This script needs to be run as administrator if you don't care to read the short Winaero story.
thankz. cortana now removed...but to be safe i imaged C drjve as fallback

Back