• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Microsoft Defender weakness lets hackers bypass malware detection

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

I started using symantec endpoint protection for some users, seems to work fine. What you think about symantec endpoint protection?

I started using symantec endpoint protection for some users, seems to work fine. What you think about symantec endpoint protection?
It's gotten better. That's what I have on my work system. In the past, it was a real resource hog, I guess that's gotten better.
You know me, the best a/v is your common sense, followed by a good ad blocker (I use uBlock Origin), followed by WebRoot. Sorry WebRoot suits me just fine and I don't feel like I have relinquished all my choices to my a/v and it doesn't bug the crap out of me. Virus total is always good if something's in question. When I was a tech I spent a bunch of time removing stuff from user's systems. I have seen most of the mistakes users have made and that was a great education.

It's gotten better. That's what I have on my work system. In the past, it was a real resource hog, I guess that's gotten better.
You know me, the best a/v is your common sense, followed by a good ad blocker (I use uBlock Origin), followed by WebRoot. Sorry WebRoot suits me just fine and I don't feel like I have relinquished all my choices to my a/v and it doesn't bug the crap out of me. Virus total is always good if something's in question. When I was a tech I spent a bunch of time removing stuff from user's systems. I have seen most of the mistakes users have made and that was a great education.

Thank you sir!

you people do realize who makes viruses, wouldnt you think they would put a stifferr fine and jail time on these so called virus makers, while yes they are some bad apples out there, none are worst than the company itself.
most virus companies are there own virus makers, of course you wont see that, like any company out there they have competion lots of it, what else to do but to make a virus only you can stop. how that?? release a virus then give a week or two to spred then youre the #1 virus protector. dont get me wrong but like i said there might be 2% OF REAL VIRUS MAKERS OUT THERE.
but in reality its the virus companies who makes them, its big business to make you need a virus protection, while they arent going after the people who makes the virus, there are like signatures you know who makes them.
but since it business they wont release that info. so be vigilant they are after your money.

you people do realize who makes viruses, wouldnt you think they would put a stifferr fine and jail time on these so called virus makers, while yes they are some bad apples out there, none are worst than the company itself.
most virus companies are there own virus makers, of course you wont see that, like any company out there they have competion lots of it, what else to do but to make a virus only you can stop. how that?? release a virus then give a week or two to spred then youre the #1 virus protector. dont get me wrong but like i said there might be 2% OF REAL VIRUS MAKERS OUT THERE.
but in reality its the virus companies who makes them, its big business to make you need a virus protection, while they arent going after the people who makes the virus, there are like signatures you know who makes them.
but since it business they wont release that info. so be vigilant they are after your money.
While proof is everything and needed. I do think this is a thing

Back