• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Microsoft Office after upgrade still on old version

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Aug 18, 2010
Hi,

Today i noticed one strange issue with Microsoft Office.

I have a client with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2019 installed, but lately Microsoft Outlook is not working fine, i completely removed office with Revo Uninstaller Pro and i tried to upgrade to Microsoft Office 2021, but when i open any of Microsoft programs (word, outlook etc) it STILL shows that am on old version (Microsoft Office 2019 even that i already installed v2021).

I Uninstalled again Office and wanted to give a try Microsoft 365, but again when i open word or other Microsoft programs i still see that am on Microsoft Office 2019.

This never happened before, any one have any idea what's going on?

Thank you!

hey, thumper!... I for one completely hate anything to do with Microsoft and I only use it to platform games. I am a Linux user for life and can only advise that you install Open Office. It is a solid replacement and has stood the test of time. I might be apostate but I know am familiar with the windows. Oh the uninstall loop....You may need to use the Microsoft uninstall support tool.

Last edited:
Maybe the problem is which channel are you on? If you are on a regular channel you only get a regular upgrade. New features and more are coming to the beta channel. You must completely uninstall Office using special tool like Office Remover. Even if you uninstall Office, its licenses lag behind and they are not uninstalled in the classic way. When you install Office, it only installs as it did before the uninstallation.
2022-02-02 19_22_58-Word.png

Hi,

Today i noticed one strange issue with Microsoft Office.

I have a client with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2019 installed, but lately Microsoft Outlook is not working fine, i completely removed office with Revo Uninstaller Pro and i tried to upgrade to Microsoft Office 2021, but when i open any of Microsoft programs (word, outlook etc) it STILL shows that am on old version (Microsoft Office 2019 even that i already installed v2021).

I Uninstalled again Office and wanted to give a try Microsoft 365, but again when i open word or other Microsoft programs i still see that am on Microsoft Office 2019.

This never happened before, any one have any idea what's going on?

Thank you!
The Best Solution To Remove Microsoft Office 2019 Is To Uninstall It Properly & Fully With An Application Called iOBit Uninstaller.
If You Want The Pro Version ( Has Better Features Than The Trail Version), Do Contact Me At https://wa.me/918276849275
Or Watch My YouTube Tutorial At https://www.YouTube.com/iCrackiCloud

Back