• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

New Member Frustrated With Camtasia

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

dehBoy

May 5, 2021
The Camtasia crack from PB brought me here, and I excitedly spent 6 hours making my first video! Unfortunately, none of the forum posts on how to get around the key check worked. I've tried everything - the RegInfo.ini updates, setting it to read only, adding the hosts updates. I even tried unplugging my internet when opening the program. Nothing I do let's me export my project without the watermark.

Does anyone else have any ideas? Have there been any new steps required to get this working as intended? I really appreciate any help people can provide. Thank you so much for your support!

The Camtasia crack from PB brought me here, and I excitedly spent 6 hours making my first video! Unfortunately, none of the forum posts on how to get around the key check worked. I've tried everything - the RegInfo.ini updates, setting it to read only, adding the hosts updates. I even tried unplugging my internet when opening the program. Nothing I do let's me export my project without the watermark.

Does anyone else have any ideas? Have there been any new steps required to get this working as intended? I really appreciate any help people can provide. Thank you so much for your support!

Welcome Dehboy! ;) :D

Just a guess but once Camtasia gets a sniff of the Internet during the install, the damage has been done. Doesn't really matter what you do from that point on, the crack won't work. This is true of many cracked programs.

From the remarks at 1337X:
"The crack works if you make RegInfo read-only. HERE'S the odd part: I get a message saying it couldn't register and it's still on trial mode, BUT the program works fine like it's registered. (No watermark on the video, and I can edit and export the file no problem.)
So if you get a message saying the registration didn't work, don't give up right away! It might still work fine.
I don't blame people for being confused if they get that message, and the kneejerkers playing "internet tough guy" in this thread aren't helping."

So you might try uninstalling using Revo and hoping that clears all the info out but it may not.
Good rule of thumb, ALWAYS disconnect from the Internet until you have the install completed and added all the addition items you need to install. Sometimes you only get one chance. The only hope at that point is perhaps rolling back Windows to a time before you tried to do the initial install. It never hurts to do a registry backup before trying an install like this as well.

DVDR_Dog, thank you so much for your reply! I was able to figure it out and get it working today, and I wanted to post here in case anyone else falls into the same trap I did.

"%programdata%\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 9\" is NOT the same as "C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Camtasia 9". My mind glossed over this, especially when I found the Program Files sub-folder by instinct. You can easily get to the right location by holding down the Windows key, pressing R, pasting"%programdata%\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 9\" in the Open box, and clicking OK.

I think this tip, DVDR_Dog's tip, and all the other tips that you can find easily using the search feature on this website can get you going with Camtasia. Thanks again DVDR_Dog and ThumperTM for all your hard work! It definitely doesn't go unappreciated!

Let me tell you an easy way to fix the issue.
1. Get to the folder C:\ProgramData\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 9/
2. Open the RegInfo.ini file using Visual Studio Code
3. Replace the content with
[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegistrationKey=UVVDD-MJCCC-CD9MC-3KCBQ-293CF
RegisteredTo=
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=0
4. Save / If not working, try saving again as administrator[A popup will appear down below].
5. Voila. Done.

In case you missed it, Microsoft has a big surprise for the makers of Camtasia.
New Windows Features
While I am sure it may not be as feature packed as Camtasia, most of the functionality of the M/S offering will be more than sufficient.

Welcome to the forum.

[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegisteredTo=
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=0
4. Save / If not working, try saving again as administrator[A popup will appear down below].
5. Voila. Done.

Thanks for the warm welcome! You've got quite the knowledgeable and helpful community here! Hopefully my issue can be solved with the help of someone!

Thanks again!
IDK if this will help you but you can get this copy of it on TeamOS.xyz It's a private torrent tracker site but no hoops to signing up. I hope this helps.

Camtasia Studio 2022.2.1 Build 40635 -- _x64

BTW welcome3.gif

[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegisteredTo=
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=0
5. Voila. Done.
I know this is an awful thread dig/bump; but bro I literally just registered to say thank you because I spent nearly an hour trying to figure out why the crack wasn't working T_T Cheers mate.

[RegistrationInfo]
ValidationData3=1
RegisteredTo=
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=0
5. Voila. Done.
I'm sorry to bump an old thread, but for some reason mate, this no longer works. It'll open Camtasia but whenever I go to export/share the project to Youtube, it says could not be validated and asks to do with watermark.

Back