• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

New normal of hybrid life inspires latest generation of Windows 11 Lenovo Yoga Slim and Legion gaming PCs

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

TWF Bot

Staff member
Nov 29, 2020
Lenovo has unveiled a new generation of Windows 11 PCs to help people navigate the new normal of hybrid life. The seventh generation of Yoga devices are designed to help connect, consume, create and collaborate from home, school, the office and beyond. Lenovo’s Yoga 2-in-1 convertible laptops were pioneers in opening possibilities for users to flip and fold from work to play. Since then, Yoga has expanded to multiple form factors, including ultra-slim clamshell laptops and desktop computers. The Yoga Slim 7i Pro X and Yoga Slim 7 Pro X (known as Lenovo Slim 7i Pro X and Lenovo Slim 7 Pro X in the U.S.), enable creation anywhere, anytime. [caption id="attachment_177168" align="aligncenter" width="771"]Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i Pro X PCs open and flat back to back Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i Pro X[/caption] Next-gen processors power them with up to 32GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU with NVIDIA Studio certification. Lenovo’s X Power custom performance tuning [1] pushes the laptop beyond the benchmarks of maximum CPU and GPU performance in such a thin and light chassis. At less than 3.5 pounds, these thin and light machines are built to be on the move, while packing the performance needed for digital content creation. Done creating and ready to jump into a game? When you buy this laptop, you’ll get an Xbox Game Pass free for three months. Create, entertain, or game on the 14.5-inch 3K 120Hz refresh Lenovo PureSight display (with optional touch), featuring an accurate color palette and richer hues. The display has a hardware calibrated 100% sRGB gamut coverage with 100% sRGB gamut volume, as well as TÜV Hardware Blue Light certification to help reduce eye strain [2]. Create content on desktop 1, and get back to your favorite show on desktop 2 with the Lenovo PureSight display and the multiple desktops of Windows 11. The 14-inch Yoga Slim 7i Pro X (known as Lenovo Slim 7i Pro X in the U.S.) with Intel Core processor starts at $1,699. The 14-inch Yoga Slim 7 Pro X (known as Lenovo Slim 7 Pro X in the U.S.) with AMD Ryzen 6000 Series processor starts at $1,499. Both are expected to be available starting in June. [3]
The Yoga Slim 7i Carbon (known as Lenovo Slim 7i Carbon in the U.S.) fuses powerful mobility with durable style. At under 2.2 pounds and with a chassis as thin as 0.58 inches at its thinnest point, this device is made with the rugged resilience of aerospace-grade magnesium alloy reinforced with multi-layer carbon fiber. Its comfort-edge design is built for ease of carrying. You can personalize it further with three contemporary two-tone color options [4] and an edge-to-edge keyboard with larger trackpad. Intel Evo, now featuring 12th Gen Intel Core Processors, helps it perform at its peak potential, AI Engine+ enhanced with self-adjusting fan speeds and performance to match the user’s power and battery needs. Create and binge content virtually anytime and anywhere with a Lenovo PureSight 13.3-inch 2.5k optional touchscreen featuring ultra-smooth 90Hz refresh rates and a taller 16:10 aspect ratio. Windows 11’s Snap Assist adds more options for organizing your desktop, which works well with the laptops’ increased vertical space. No matter what you’re doing – keep track of everything you’re working on wherever you are. The Lenovo PureSight display offers an expanded color palette and more accurate, hardware calibrated hues of 100% sRGB color space and 100% color volume with 8-bit color, as well as TÜV Hardware Low Blue Light certification made for less eye strain [2]. [caption id="attachment_177166" align="aligncenter" width="775"]Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i Carbon open as seen from above Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i Carbon[/caption] The 13-inch Yoga Slim 7i Carbon (known as Lenovo Slim 7i Carbon in the U.S.) starts at $1,299 and is expected to be available starting in June. [3] Head over to Lenovo for more information on the newest Yoga PCs. To meet the multi-dimensional needs of modern gamers and professional players, Lenovo also showed off the latest Legion 7 series Windows 11 gaming laptops, including the Lenovo Legion 7i and 7 and Lenovo Legion Slim 7i and Slim 7. Both are expected to be available starting in May. [caption id="attachment_177177" align="aligncenter" width="784"]Lenovo Legion Slim 7 open and lying flat Lenovo Legion Slim 7[/caption] The Lenovo Legion Slim 7i and 7 join the 16-inch QHD gaming category as Lenovo Legion’s thinnest and lightest gaming laptops yet and are now available in a taller 16:10 display. Their build is light and svelte at 4.4 pounds and 0.63 inches, thanks to its aluminum and magnesium aerospace-grade metal unibody casing, while taking up the same overall footprint as a 15-inch laptop. The Lenovo Legion Slim 7i comes with up to the latest 12th Gen Intel Core H Series. Users will need fewer adapters for the road with the laptop’s improved and dedicated rear I/O dashboard with HDMI 2.1, while enjoying unprecedented range with a massive 99.99Whr capacity battery and up to 135 Whr USB Type-C Fast Charging [5].
The large 16-inch display also empowers gamers to enter new pixel-perfect worlds of brilliant color and shadow, with color calibration software support, high dynamic range and up to DCI P3 color accuracy – without straining their eyes thanks to TÜV Rheinland Gold Label certification [6]. The Lenovo Legion Slim 7i with Intel Core processor starts at $1,589. [3] The Lenovo Legion Slim 7 with AMD Ryzen processor starts at $1,519. [3] [caption id="attachment_177178" align="aligncenter" width="1051"]Animated characters walking onto screen in an alien landscape Apex Legends on Lenovo Legion 7i[/caption] Lenovo has engineered the Lenovo Legion 7i and 7 for those who demand the highest performance in their game time. Now visually thinner-looking than the previous generation at as thin as 0.75 inches, it packs up to the latest graphics, processors and storage into a 5.5-pound chassis. The laptop’s design features an improved hinge and I/O dashboard. It’s crafted from aluminum and magnesium aerospace-grade metal into a unibody design. An environmental RGB system, powered by Legion Spectrum, with ambient effects on the keyboard and trim sync up with the content displayed on its screen. The Lenovo Legion 7i features up to 12th Gen Intel Core HX Series, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Laptop GPU (up to 175W TGP) and DDR5 memory. These are all tuned for maximum performance via the Lenovo Legion A.I. Engine 2.0. This A.I. engine can balance GPU and CPU resource output in real time to deliver best performance for each game. Its A.I. calibration can also intelligently boost the Lenovo Legion Coldfront 4.0 thermal system to cool down the GPU and CPU, while the laptop’s vapor chamber technology expands the boundaries of what’s possible in a gaming laptop for desktop-level performance CPUs, with up to 115W of thermal capacity without throttling. The Lenovo Legion 7i with Intel Core processor starts at $2,449. [3] The Lenovo Legion 7 with AMD Ryzen processor starts at $2,059. [3] Find out more about the Lenovo Legion lineup. Lead photo: Microsoft Flight Simulator on Lenovo Legion 7 [1] Lenovo’s X Power will only be available on the Yoga Slim 7i Pro X (14”, 7) known as Lenovo Slim 7i Pro X (14”, 7) in the U.S., and the Yoga Slim 7 Pro X (14”, 7) known as Lenovo Slim 7 Pro X (14”, 7) in the U.S. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings, features and specifications at any time without notice. [2] TÜV Rheinland certification means that a monitor has passed rigorous safety testing and can be purchased by consumers without fear. Monitors with hardware low blue light correction cost more to make. A product with the Low Blue Light mark label displaying hardware solution keywords suggests that it may offer better value than other monitors in its class. [3] Prices may not include tax and do not include shipping or options and are subject to change without notice; additional terms and conditions apply. Reseller prices may vary. On-shelf dates and color options may vary by geography and products may only be available in selected markets. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings, features and specifications at any time without notice. [4] Color options and optional accessories may vary per geography and availability. [5] All battery life claims are approximate and based on internal testing under optimal laboratory and network conditions. Actual battery performance will vary and depend on numerous factors including product configuration and usage, software, operating conditions, wireless functionality, power management settings, screen brightness and other factors. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. [6] A TÜV Rheinland certification mark signifies that a product has been examined according to strict safety requirements by an accredited third-party and is supported by regular factory inspections.

Continue reading...

Back