• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

piriform download via 'tech-tools.net' or 'thumperdc.com'

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

lethal42

Oct 26, 2021
Hi,

I recently downloaded some shareware via a torrent that has been made widely available (initially by piriform).
The instruction directed to disconnect from the internet on installation, done, and then block the internet connection with the app via the firewall.

The string suggested to achieve the block, appears to block ALL internet connections, not just this app.

The 'readme' guide with the download, suggests posting here to query or thank.

Is there something I am missing in regard to the connection?

Looking forward to some clarification

regards

That is a really old version of Ccleaner. The latest version posted is CCleaner Professional v5.86.9258. You might want to do a search for this. I think you might find this version easier to install, just make sure to read and follow the instructions.

That is a really old version of Ccleaner. The latest version posted is CCleaner Professional v5.86.9258. You might want to do a search for this. I think you might find this version easier to install, just make sure to read and follow the instructions.
Hi, Thanks for the response.
Whats a 'really old version' of ccleaner, how are you aware of this?

Can I just download 5.86.9258 over the top of this (old one), without loosing licence details?

cheers

No generally any program update will kill the crack. Uninstall with Revo if you plan to install newer versions. Alternately you can always run the portable version available from portable apps com.

Hi,

I recently downloaded some shareware via a torrent that has been made widely available (initially by piriform).
The instruction directed to disconnect from the internet on installation, done, and then block the internet connection with the app via the firewall.

The string suggested to achieve the block, appears to block ALL internet connections, not just this app.

The 'readme' guide with the download, suggests posting here to query or thank.

Is there something I am missing in regard to the connection?

Looking forward to some clarification

regards

You can use my firewall tool to block the software executable from accessing the internet.

Download:

You can use my firewall tool to block the software executable from accessing the internet.

Download:
Thanks, though a little confused. Can I use this just to stop one executable from accessing the internet?

Back