• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Power Modes

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

monikagshah

Jul 28, 2022
Windows provide 3 defined power modes: 1) Power saver, ii) Balanced mode, iiii) High Peformance

I read from articles that Balanced mode increase resources (i.e. CPU speed) on performance seeking tasks, and decrease resource when less requirement.
My question is when balanced mode analyze resource need and automatically tune to high performance mode or power saver mode configuration , then what is need of other power modes like high performance mode and power saver mode?

Windows provide 3 defined power modes: 1) Power saver, ii) Balanced mode, iiii) High Peformance

I read from articles that Balanced mode increase resources (i.e. CPU speed) on performance seeking tasks, and decrease resource when less requirement.
My question is when balanced mode analyze resource need and automatically tune to high performance mode or power saver mode configuration , then what is need of other power modes like high performance mode and power saver mode?
What do you do with your computer? That's the 16$-question for what u need performance? =)

I run an AMD CPU on my PC and the AMD drivers come with AMD power modes which is what I use. I mine crypto 24/7 and also have a Plex server on my PC. So I've got it cranking as hard as it can go 24/7. 4 GPUs mining and 6 drives full of media for the Plex server. So there is an example of the need for high performance mode.

I understand advantages of Balanced Mode.
My question is When Balanced Mode customize as per your computation need, then what is need of High performance mode and power saver mode?

What do you do with your computer? That's the 16$-question for what u need performance? =)
I have computers for students, where students perform their course experiments. Different courses may have different type of computation requirements. Students have allotted different slots for different courses. Is it advisable to prepare a schedule for power modes according to computation load requirement?

I have computers for students, where students perform their course experiments. Different courses may have different type of computation requirements. Students have allotted different slots for different courses. Is it advisable to prepare a schedule for power modes according to computation load requirement?
Yes

Can you explain How does schedule of power modes will help to save energy without deviating much efficiency?

Is there any drawbacks or limitation of Balanced mode?
When you need more power, e.g. running graphics, you have to skip those "power savings".
but that should be crystal clear.

that why I asked what do you do with your machines.

Back