• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!
Sandboxie 5.31.6

Sandboxie 5.31.6 2019-11-02

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Aug 18, 2010
ThumperTM submitted a new resource:

Sandboxie 5.31.6 - Sandboxie 5.31.6

When you browse the Web, changes occur to your computer system. Some of these might be harmful, like the unsolicited installation of malware. When you use Sandboxie to protect your browsing session, it catches all these changes just as the browser is about to apply them into your computer system. Sandboxie does record these changes on behalf of the browser, but it records them in a special isolated folder, called the sandbox.
Thus, with Sandboxie, you can browse the Web securely while still...

Read more about this resource...

ThumperTM submitted a new resource:

Sandboxie 5.31.6 - Sandboxie 5.31.6

Read more about this resource...
Signing up for the free edition is kind of creepy. I used a VPN somewhere in Eastern Europe and my good ol' toss out email address. Please don't post any links to Sophos in this forum. If you look at their TOS they are cataloging all your sign in info for Sandboxie. Not a problem if you cover your ass. I hate becoming yet another record in someone's database whose purpose is kind of sketchy.
For that matter always be a little careful who you hand your info over to unless they have a stated purpose for knowing about you. Is Sophos claim that the US government needs to know legit? Have you ever seen that claim before? Sophos is a good security company but they are headquartered in one of the not so trusted places in the IT world. I guess if you want to know what's going on with the bad guys keep them near. Just saying.

Sophos has released Sandboxie as Open Source under the GPLv3 license to the community for further development and maintenance.

There is currently a respectful maintainer that has taken the code and improving the program.
You can find the releases here (this way you skip all the annoying Sophos registration process too):
Code:
https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases

Though i still prefer the Windows Sandbox that it is implemented within the OS, if you have access to it.

Sophos has released Sandboxie as Open Source under the GPLv3 license to the community for further development and maintenance.

There is currently a respectful maintainer that has taken the code and improving the program.
You can find the releases here (this way you skip all the annoying Sophos registration process too):
Code:
https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases

Though i still prefer the Windows Sandbox that it is implemented within the OS, if you have access to it.
oh, there is a sandbox in windows alrdy? man, so much to learn.....
thanks a lot for the github link.

I hope, my friend can use microsoft project then. it is making problems with his microsoft acc I guess. plus Im a noob and hv to fully understand first, if sandbox is my solution or not

Back