• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 Something is overriding KMS activation

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

lisach

Apr 28, 2021
(please don't ding me)
I've been doing this for WIN, and WIN programs since Windows for Workgroups (OMG does that mean 20+ years). Everything I use is cracked. I've been doing this since the golden age of Demonoid.
I HATE WIN 10!!!

I wanted to understand about the activation request window. I saw an older post from DVDR_Dog that says even though the activation screen pops up it is still activated and everything works. Well I totally get that. I've been running an older cracked version of Office on another laptop till something broke the crack. It pops up every time I open excel or word ... Just hit close and go on. I just haven't taken the time to fix it.

However.... Now... I've installed Office 2016 Pro with the KMSAuto. I don't even run Virus and security stuff on my Pre-WIN10 machines. But I disabled all the VP stuff I could find on this new clean WIN10 machine and after installing 2016 with the activator. Before opening excel, The KMS information says:
==========================
=== Your system is activated . ===
= Products Status: Office 2010, Office 2013/2016

I open excel and I get the activation screen. I go back and run KMS, it says
=== Your system is activated . ===
= Products Status: Office 2010, Office 2013/2016

I go back to excel and close the activation screen (without entering in email or phone number). Open a blank workbook and it says at the top NOT ACTIVATED.
I go back and run KMS and it says
Products Status: Office 2010, Office 2013/2016
== Office 16, Office16ProPlusR_Grace edition
Product Description: Office 16, RETAIL(Grace) channel
Partial Product Key: BTDRB
License Status: Out-of-Box (OOB) Grace
Reason: 0x4004f00c

I've been beating around this for 2 days not going anywhere. If it was Virus Protection related, I wouldn't have been able to run KMS. It feels like its registry related. There is something that is overriding THUMPER's wonderful KMS. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Well I see what you are saying. From what you posted it appears Office is still functioning, I wouldn't get caught up in the nuances of the crack.
If you are, try a neutral search engine like duckduckgo and look up KMS activation. Once you understand the logic and process behind the crack you should be able to answer your own questions. Sorry if I am being a ball buster I just like people to learn rather than accept some simple answer that might not be 100% correct. You know the old teach a man to fish, etc saying?

Back