• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

I Got Them KMS Blues

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
So check this out.
A preamble is I (or so I thought) uninstalled Windows Security (Defender). I have Kaspersky installed. I have one account registered on this Windows 11 install and it is an Admin account. The screen shot supplied was taken when Kaspersky was fully exited, not paused.
So looks like Windows Security has buried so far into my system I am unable to use KMS activation any version any more as I receive this message.. Anybody have any ideas or do I do a fresh install and see if that helps?KMS.png

I'd try to help but I'm not using 11 and have no plans to any time soon. Hope you get it figured out.

So check this out.
A preamble is I (or so I thought) uninstalled Windows Security (Defender). I have Kaspersky installed. I have one account registered on this Windows 11 install and it is an Admin account. The screen shot supplied was taken when Kaspersky was fully exited, not paused.
So looks like Windows Security has buried so far into my system I am unable to use KMS activation any version any more as I receive this message.. Anybody have any ideas or do I do a fresh install and see if that helps?View attachment 6264

"Show details" says anything? Microsoft Defender is 100% uninstalled?

Obviously, Windows Defender or it's component is on and it's causing problems. All of that has to be disable. That's your problem. It's also possible that Kaspersky included some settings that it shouldn't have.
2023-07-05 19_58_39-.png

I can say from prior experience that Kaspersky can cause serious issues when trying to exclude files. I mine crypto and all antivirus software flags crypto miners as harmful. I'm just glad I didn't pay for it because I only used it a few weeks before moving on.

I used Defender Remover to get rid (or so I thought) Defender. I kinda disagree with the Kaspersky comments. I have found that Kaspersky will never permanently remove programs from quarantine unless they have reached a 30 day time limit and it will let you manually restore and ignore those programs if you give it explicit permission to do so. I am 100% sure it is some vestige of Defender that is blocking KMS and producing that error.. Furthermore if you right click that file in Explorer, all privilege check boxes are greyed out., that's Windows talking. Slowly but surely Microsoft keeps creeping deeper inside you system.
KMS Details.png
Windows Defender Remover

I asked ChatGPT about it and it got a bit pissy with me and wouldn't answer my question. If you can find the files that remain you can use an app called 'Move On Boot' that will remove any file during boot before any Windows processes start up. It's a free app.

Edit: I also forgot to mention an app called DISM++. It may be able to remove any Defender leftovers. Be careful with it. It's an extremely powerful tool and can destroy your Windows image.

Last edited:
Just a thought.... If Kaspersky holds a block for 30 days why not disable internet and update the computer to 2 days past the 30 day block date, then unblock it from Kaspersky.

Latest posts

Back