• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Speaking of Outlook. (Crashing as of July 15)

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
If you are having Outlook crash lately you are not alone:

I have never nor will I ever use Outlook. Whenever I am called to troubleshoot various Outlook problems I just shake my head. Outlook is a plague put upon the Earth by M/S. Gates needs to distribute a vaccine for Outlook.

As an email service is decent for the average user, outlook and gmail are top in security.

But as application i completely agree, better access it through the web if you have an account there.

I did start a thread earlier about the current exploit of Outlook. If you run it locally too much info too easily stolen and I keep hearing story after story about user's Outlook programs being compromised.
A great deal of what I am seeing currently with the Outlook exploit is a bunch of noobs making some pretty stupid mistakes which is going to get them caught, not that I care.
Seriously I am seeing one phishing scheme going on being run entirely from the West Coast of the US including the site you are redirected to enter your information. That site is hosted in San Francisco. If they don't think law enforcement is squatting on that site just waiting they have to be really stupid. Others are being run out of Nigeria which rigorously enforces their 419 law.
So rumor is all these Outlook exploits are Russian in nature and I would expect the usual terms being lease by sharing 40% of the profits gained or purchase the framework upfront. However with all the sloppy work I am seeing makes me think the lease deal isn't an option. The framework owner usually provides some guidance in order to maximize their 40% take.
I 100% agree with th3m as far as a Gmail on line account. Google is as good or better than most as the huge volume of email they receive allows them to identify viri and spam quickly. Forget your privacy. Save that for Protonmail or Tutanota or similar on line mail services.

Back