• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming!

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
My goodness the Russian (alleged) government sponsored groups are not to be out done or so the media says. Hospitals, healthcare groups, a coastal ferry, whew! my fingers are getting sore. Just use a search engine for links, too many to post.
The media is now trying to pin the pipeline shutdown of the Russians as well but sources more trustworthy are sticking to their guns.
Back to bitcoin:
Surprised? Nope, not me. I wonder if that happens how much it will be worth? There isn't an equiv of the FDIC for bitcoin. Once it's gone, it's gone but how will that affect it's worth? Stay tuned, this story is far from over.
As the end of looney tunes cartoon always said: "That's all folks"

They are only looking for new ways take advantage of crypto.
Good point. What the heck are they doing with all the extorsion crypto they have received? I have no idea about the "state sponsored" piece the news uses to characterize these groups, but it's tough showing up with a lot of wealth for no visible reason.
But then you have to find sellers willing to accept bitcoin if that's the route you plan take.
I don't have any experience trying to turn bitcoin back into a hard currency, but good luck with that. Try to do that in any appreciable amounts has to depress the value of bitcoin.

You got it wrong. They receive bitcoin and then they use a darkweb bitcoin mixer to clear the trace by mixing transfers in a endless way and then when bitcoin is clean they cash out.

Other way is use paxful.com and exchange the bitcoin in a p2p method.

Paxful is a leading service to exchange bitcoin between users, the user post that they are selling on paxful and when a client wants to buy they exchange wallets and make the transaction.

Also another way is the site in my signature.

If you never transact bitcoin, create a account at coinbase.com and verify your account with proof of residence and selfie. Wait 24/48 hours for validation and then visit coinbase.com/earn and follow the tutorials. You will make around $50 in multiple crypto that then you can convert to bitcoin.

Back