• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Very Odd ROG Strix GA35 G35DX Death

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
One of my co-workers brought in his ROG Strix GA35 G35DX AMD powered gaming system. He claims he did the latest Windows update and now it won't power on, only the CPU LED is solid red. We pulled the CPU and RAM and replaced it with a known good ones no Bueno. Long story but the fire sprinkler pipe froze then burst Christmas morning and flooded our office and work area so wasn't able to do a tear down in the regular work bench areas.
Anyone come across this problem? I am not a huge AMD/ASUS guy based on my experiences, and this reinforces it for me. The ROG has a bunch of scrolly metal junk attached to it for cosmetics only making it tough to work on and troubleshoot this system. I am a form follows function, engineering thinking guy. Does all that crap attached to a system improve anything other than how big a price tag you can put on it? I think his system listed for $4,900 USD. You have to f'ing be kidding me, right?

So check this out: The owner ended up taking it back to Micro Center for service, a bad mobo! 2 months out of warranty and now a $300 fix. Since the bad electrolytic capacitor days, I haven’t heard of a mobo going unless it was abused. The owner insists no over-clocking and in a well ventilated area. Chalk another one up for AMD. Sorry folks I repaired every brand of computer made for decades as a dept. manager. I calls them as I sees them.

Back