• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

VLC Problems?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
I have been experiencing hard lock-ups while playing videos on VLC. I know they use a splitter rather codecs for video playback. I haven't been to their forums to see what's up, too busy I imagine. I do have M/S HEVC codec installed and I am wondering if that might be interfering with VLC's normal function. Oddly enough I have switched to Cyberlink's PowerDVD and it plays most things quite well. I must admit that's quite a change from the older versions of PowerDVD.
Is this just me and some setting I have disrupted?

I have been experiencing hard lock-ups while playing videos on VLC. I know they use a splitter rather codecs for video playback. I haven't been to their forums to see what's up, too busy I imagine. I do have M/S HEVC codec installed and I am wondering if that might be interfering with VLC's normal function. Oddly enough I have switched to Cyberlink's PowerDVD and it plays most things quite well. I must admit that's quite a change from the older versions of PowerDVD.

Vlc works fine for me.

Video Player, only VLC.

Back