• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

We Shutdown a Scam Call Centre in India!

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Indian call centre scammers targeting foreigners around the world with the IRS and Microsoft Tech Support scams has reached an epidemic level. They're destroying India's reputation around the world with every single scam call. So, I'm taking you to a scam call centre in India to show you exactly how these call centres are scamming foreigners for hundreds of millions of dollars every year.

Even a small scam call centre like this one can make over $500,000 USD a year. Usually, they scam elderly computer-illiterate people out of between $400 - $1600. They do this by placing pop-up windows on websites which trick the person into phoning them to "get rid of a virus." It's all a scam and a lie and the person's computer has no virus at all. These scammers prey on our naivety and people who are less savvy with computers.

Lol, nice video, just saw this video and other one uploader linked in descprtion, there are alot of scammers from India.

The really sad fact is many people get taken by these scams. I work with a very cool man who I supply laptops and he teaches senior citizens how to use them. It blows me away how many he brings back to me after these poor seniors are tricked into letting these clowns into their systems and then charging them hundreds to "fix" them. Many times they didn't even pay that much for the system. My boss let's me sell them for almost nothing to do a good thing. Not all bosses are pricks. :)

I would TOTALLY love to learn how to take down call centers in India and to trace and hack Nigerian princes of thieves.........I love following Jim Browning on YT! He's da bom!

Anyone know if there's anyplace to get trained to do this sort of stuff?

Wonder Woman

I would TOTALLY love to learn how to take down call centers in India and to trace and hack Nigerian princes of thieves.........I love following Jim Browning on YT! He's da bom!

Anyone know if there's anyplace to get trained to do this sort of stuff?

Wonder Woman
You need to be a little careful when dealing with these folks, it's not for newbies. A great place to start would be https://www.419eater.com/
As I said some of these scammers are pretty technically proficient. You really need to be transparent and don't leave any way to backtrack to you. I would suggest having a stand alone system running something other than Windows, a trusty vpn and quite a bit of spare time on your hands.
I personally have gone after some folks who were making it personal or being a pain in my ass. Whatever you do stay away from established groups, leave that up to the FBI and Interpol. These folks can bring a world of hurt down on you. You best defense from them is don't give them a reason to look at you.
So have fun with these 419 scammers. I am getting a ton scammers replying to my online job listings. You would think they would leave a person with advanced IT skills alone, but no they aren't that smart. I don't have any time to mess with them and to be honest gmail for an example is a great way to hide your true identity. Google thinks they can handle all the bad guys themselves, they are doing a very poor job of that.

No, you have to make good OSINT...

- Start by getting a call center scam ad
- Trace back the call center website and get the ip
- Scan the ip at shodan.io for cameras
- Buy a subscription to a fake phone service

- Start testing calls to the support and looking into cameras to see who is who

- Play with them and make videos.

Note: You don't need to target cams, it can be the software that they are using. In other words having a good OSINT list, knowledge and time should be enough to target them.

Back