• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", and ask me to "update my credentials", for my AOL email?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

scherz0

Jul 4, 2021
I screenshot https://powerusers.codidact.com/posts/281740.

B20zKzG.jpg

As they say, "That dog don't hunt". The only thing I could even begin to question on your settings is AOL has a reference to their imap server as "export.imap.aol.com" but that doesn't work, I checked. Soooo you might want to start a trouble ticket with AOL err Verizon to find out what's going on. I have seen some odd activity with domain based email accounts at Godaddy, not sure what's happening.
I would suspect that there is a wholesale attack on major email servers, but I can't verify that. Knowing quite well how the folks at Verizon roll, they probably shut the imap server off and are waiting for the storm to pass. You would think they couldn't do that, but there is a very odd hierarchy at Vz. You know I could go on about having an AOL email addy but I am sure you have already heard it more than once.
Web access works fine with AOL email which is how probably 99 99/100% of that email is read.
Sorry for the bad news.

Back