What's new
  • Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Why does 'Powercfg -requestsoverride Driver "Legacy Kernel Caller" System' fail to hiberate my laptop?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

scherz0

Jul 4, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 97.0
Please see the screenshot beneath: my 4 inputs failed to solve the difficulty identical to this post. When I tried to 'Hibernate' after inputting it, my laptop still failed to hibernate.

4KR5T.jpg

Here's my energy-report.html.
QIwTp.jpg

Wake Timers have been disabled:
jX3Tx.jpg

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 98.0.4758.102
What make, model and Operating system are we talking about? Is your current install a fresh copy or an upgrade?

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 98.0.4758.102
I asked for the info because the OEM power management have problems with different versions of Windows.
I did the same audit as you did and it generated the same numbers more or less.
What's going on is I disabled all those things that drive me nuts, sleep hibernation, power down this, etc. well you get the idea. If this was a work system that sits for periods of time maybe those power savings may be substantial and perhaps that's why they are all default settings. I would rather retain my sanity on my personal systems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors