• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Why Window phones not supporting Apps?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Feb 20, 2020
Hello,
I have Microsoft Lumia 950. In 2020 it is come to know that various apps are no longer supporting my phone i.e. Whatsapp.
Why it is happening?

Hello,
I have Microsoft Lumia 950. In 2020 it is come to know that various apps are no longer supporting my phone i.e. Whatsapp.
Why it is happening?
I mean hey on the good side it was a heck of a buy for a lot of phone in the day. Unfortunately it didn't turn into the next iPhone that was envisioned. No one cares to support M/S any more without beaucoup funding. Windows phone was never "cool" in social media. It's the stigma of the company. Can you say MS DOS?
With Satya Nadella at the helm you could say that he's either a dreamer or delusional. His new "vision" of a subscription only replacement for Windows may be the demise of the company. macOS, Linux, Android (Chrome) are all waiting in the wings. Microsoft should stay out of the hardware business it never works out well for them. I think their current CEO wants to be a financial hero but the only thing he's been successful doing is laying off employees and milking the profits from Office. Those profits will soon hit a tipping point, I wish I knew what it's replacement will be. I would invest heavily in it.
That very well may be Google. They have converted many public school systems to Google Docs at no charge allowing teachers to view homework and it's progress on-line at their leisure and save paper. Not only that, they are teaching an army of new users their first acquaintance with word processing.
Google has the funds and technology to elevate The Pixel to iPhone status should they so desire. After all it only takes money and social media perception to make something "cool" these days.

just don't use 'whatsapp', or whatever
there are other things you can use with your windows phone, whatever they are
get a bag you can put your phone in that blocks the radiation
pull the phone out when you want to use it, check messages, make calls
turn the phone off ;#)
use airplane mode
etc.
smash it (i smashed mine, very happy about it)

Please ignore all of tolikkk's posts and do not follow any links provided.

Please ignore all of tolikkk's posts and do not follow any links provided.

Back