• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

You can use a valid Windows 7 key to activate Windows 10 with the caveat being it must be the same versions....i.e. home to home and pro to pro you cannot use a 7 home to activate a 10 pro.

You will not find ANYONE on here to give you ANY keys for ANY software as it is against the TOS Policy and when mods find out you are asking for keys for even just one software let alone multiple types/brands of software (I saw your req for Avast keys) they will lock the post and if you repeat the offense eventually ban you from posting completely by removing your account.

Good luck with the Win 7 method. You can also try using Win 7 keys from defunct machines.

Here's a free tip. Find a junked Win 7 laptop or OEM tower. The Win 7/8/8.1 COA key will work just fine for a Win 10 upgrade. Just keep in mind a Pro COA = Pro upgrade and Home COS = Win 10 Home. No way around that. Otherwise it will authenticate and life is good. It's the same deal as those "bargain" keys being advertised by a member here unless Thumper gets PO'ed and bans them. His call.
M/S doesn't really give a poop in comparison to how they used to police Windows licensing. I suspect since they are data mining more and selling adverts using that info. They expect to make more continuous revenue in the future by getting all users to run Win 10.

Thank you guys, did not know abut asking for keys etc, but cannot understand why they post them on the Torrents pag freely. but nt bothered if i am hut down. thanks again

Thank you guys, did not know abut asking for keys etc, but cannot understand why they post them on the Torrents pag freely. but nt bothered if i am hut down. thanks again
The problem is those keys all have to be server-side authenticated. Microsoft keeps records on each and every key and only allows so many uses (not sure the number). You used to have to call M/S at that point and take your chances. So my point those "keys" you see listed on other sites go bad very quickly.

Back