• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 11 - Are You Going To Wait?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Will you have a waiting period of time before installing Windows 11 on your chosen computer/device?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serpius

Jan 12, 2015
Simple Question...

When Microsoft releases the REAL public release of Windows 11 (not BETA, or Pre-Release), are you going to wait for a period of time before installing Windows 11 on your chosen computer/device?

Me?

I will wait for a minimum of 3 months to install the public release of Window 11.

Who knows what bugs and fixes that Microsoft will have to do with the initial public release of Windows 11.

I will still continue to run Windows 10 (with the latest updates) because I don't want to be hassled by bugs that may cause issues with my computer/devices.

Hi,

After final release, i will wait few months (3-4) then install on my main machine :)
I'm with Thumper on this one. I will install Win 11 on something but for my daily driver I'll wait. With Win 10's EOL not until 2024 there's plenty of time. I am still waiting to hear about compatibility but I don't see it being a problem. M/S explained why they chose to enforce TPM but the option has been available for some time if you cared to use it.

Me too, will use it when my Win 10 reaches the EOL. When the news come up about the leak i ignore it (Just another Windows) and then TorrentFreak come up with a article about the leak and the news that Microsoft was sending take down notices between other infos. At that point i got curious and had to learn what is all about. Learn and share around.

Note: Users can now access the Preview Release from insiders program.

Last edited:
You know I haven't been in any kind of rush to set a system up with Win 11. From all reports I have read so far, it's much ado about nothing. Some cosmetic changes, rigorous enforcement of some security policies that were optional in previous editions but nothing to get all worked up about.
If I get time Monday I may make the move on one of my lessor used laptops but only after I mirror a copy of Win 10 that currently resides there. It also seems M/S may be backpedaling on some of the security issues but who knows until the first RTM is published.
Does anybody else have thoughts?

Just like I'm gonna wait till at least a 2cd ( Out Already? ) or 3rd Gen Console for the PS5... as well, I always wait for at least 6 months on Adobe( Longer For After Effects Of Course ), AUTODESK & MAXON products.

I too will also wait for Windows 11.

I'm relatively happy ( For The Time Being ) with Fedora 34 and it's challenges with Crossover application hacking with Wine-HQ or POL, whatever I can get my hands on for the challenge, good times

Ive always kinda wished they would just gut all of it and rebuild from the ground up instead of piling up on top of the old

Ive always kinda wished they would just gut all of it and rebuild from the ground up instead of piling up on top of the old
Amen to that. Where the heck is that replacement to the decades old NTFS that was promised many, many years ago. There is just so much lipstick you can put on a pig.

Back