• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 11 There's a Gotcha, There's Always a Gotcha

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Check out the requirements.
* Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
* Windows 11 Home edition requires internet connectivity and a Microsoft account to complete device setup on first use. (What kind of Bs is this? The EU should have a blast with this one)
* Cortana will no longer be included in the first boot experience or pinned to the Taskbar (saw that one coming, didn't we?)

So there are some vague references in the rest of the introduction. Just as I predicted, MS isn't going to give anything away. An account required for home edition? WTF is that? So your system becomes perpetually linked to Microsoft and that account. That's scary to say the least. I don't think that will last, however MS has a massive legal department to tie that up for a long, long time.

**** And to top it off MS won't even let me load Win 11 b/c I have my TPM disabled and no MS account. Instead of telling me how to fix those 2 simple things, they want me to go out and buy a new system, This one is 1 year old! Of course they are pushing The Surface like anyone will buy one at those prices. This should be fun.

Last edited:
I have taken a Generation 2 Windows 10 21h1 USB and the leaked Windows 11 x64 ISO and have created a ISO that will install Windows 11 on any system currently running windows 10 and I installed Pro from the ISO USB I created and it was flawless and Digitally Activated Automatically when finished installing. All my programs I use work flawless on the new WIndows 11. affasocial thinking outside the box. You can read the article and download the ISO created on affasaocial. I actually like the new OS a lot :)AFFA Social | Family | Friends | Businesses | Coworkers

This post is from Sun City, California USA
Windows11.png

Last edited:

Bypass the TPM 2.0 requirement​

One of our readers sent me advice that instead of completely rebuilding the ISO image, it is enough to replace appraiserres.dll with the same file from Windows 10. For example, in this way.

1. Open the Windows 11 image in UltraISO.
  2. Delete appraiserres.dll.
  3. Double click on the Windows 10 ISO file in Explorer to open its contents.
  4. Drag appraiserres.dll to the remote location in UltraISO.
  5. Save the Windows 11 ISO.
Done! (download link below)

It worked for me now!! :)
--> Install Without TMP-

Attachments

• TPM 2.0 error fix by BlAsTriX.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 48
Use this Video tutorial with a Windows 10 21H1 Generations 2 USB usually pre-activated and the leaked Windows 11 USB created with Rufus Video Tutorial
And enjoy Windows 11 Experience

I used the generation 2 for my build as it had digital activation that worked automatically and flawless after this simple build trick:)

Hello,

I saw somewhere that there is a W11 compatibility checker tool; does anyone know where to find it? I am strongly believing that my system will NOT make the cut because it is a 10 year old (bought it in 2011 - have the receipts still) and is not capable of upgrading the bios to UEFI which I heard is one of the requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Wonder Woman

I hate Windows 10 and was not able to tolerate it for more than a day and a half. I want to try Windows 11 because I have always beta tested developer releases until Windows 10. Is it just the Home Edition that requires connectivity and an account?

I hate Windows 10 and was not able to tolerate it for more than a day and a half. I want to try Windows 11 because I have always beta tested developer releases until Windows 10. Is it just the Home Edition that requires connectivity and an account?
Technically the official pre release is only one version AFAIK. The torrents have some versions that have been fiddled with The bad news is other than cosmetics it's not that far away from 10 if they are changing parts with Win 10 to get things to work.

I tested the leaked version in Vmware working station 16, it works fine in it. It took more time to install if I compared it to Windows 10.

BYPASS TPM prereq (on a real machine, no need on VM)
=========================================

create a .reg file using Notepad
Filename is irrelevant for it to work.
blablabla.reg or screwtpm.reg
contents:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig]
"BypassTPMCheck"=dword:00000001
"BypassSecureBootCheck"=dword:00000001

*burn install .iso with Rufus
*copy .reg file to this setup USB, BEFORE installing.
*simplest place to copy is at the base of that USB drive
*reboot target computer, and boot the USB, let setup run.
*error window: no TPM
*don't close that window
*Shift+F10 to open Command Prompt window
*type in notepad.exe
File -> Open -> 'All File types' in dropdown
*select the magic .reg file at base of (same) USB installer drive you created,
with a SINGLE click. Don't double click.
*Right-click it, 'Merge', Yes.
*close Notepad.
*Now click the top left 'go back' arrow on the error popup, and try again.
*Setup will now continue! Thanks Microsoft for a stupid requirement.

I have taken a Generation 2 Windows 10 21h1 USB and the leaked Windows 11 x64 ISO and have created a ISO that will install Windows 11 on any system currently running windows 10 and I installed Pro from the ISO USB I created and it was flawless and Digitally Activated Automatically when finished installing. All my programs I use work flawless on the new WIndows 11. affasocial thinking outside the box. You can read the article and download the ISO created on affasaocial. I actually like the new OS a lot :)AFFA Social | Family | Friends | Businesses | Coworkers

This post is from Sun City, California USA
View attachment 5478
Tried to sign on to AFFAsocial, on says there is too requests from my IP, strange!

Hello,

I saw somewhere that there is a W11 compatibility checker tool; does anyone know where to find it? I am strongly believing that my system will NOT make the cut because it is a 10 year old (bought it in 2011 - have the receipts still) and is not capable of upgrading the bios to UEFI which I heard is one of the requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Wonder Woman
Yeah suffice it to say it won't install out of the box anyway. You might have some luck if Win 10 runs ok on your system, 11 doesn't consume much more resource and it's all graphics which can be dumbed down. Just a little tweaking of the OEM version might be necessary.
Here's a link to the non-official but much less cryptic readiness tool:

Back