• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 8.1 Password Won't Die!

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

SYakoban

Jul 31, 2023
Hello!

I do not want to enter a PW every time that I log into windows 8.1. I have looked up multiple methods on how to eliminate the need for a PW and nothing works. I've tried from the command line (likeNetplwiz) and through user settings, still a PW is required.

In many tutorials it says to uncheck the box "User must enter a user name..." It has been unchecked so I can't uncheck it again.

Anyone seen this before? Thoughts?

Attachments

• disable-windows-8-password.png
    disable-windows-8-password.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 9
Time to call out the big guns. Fantastic freeware program called "Medicat USB" (duck duck go it) follow the instructions and build the USB stick with all the utilities you will ever need. Some great password removal/alteration utilities among others. You will wonder how you ever got along without it.

Hello!

I do not want to enter a PW every time that I log into windows 8.1. I have looked up multiple methods on how to eliminate the need for a PW and nothing works. I've tried from the command line (likeNetplwiz) and through user settings, still a PW is required.

In many tutorials it says to uncheck the box "User must enter a user name..." It has been unchecked so I can't uncheck it again.

Anyone seen this before? Thoughts?
Medicat USB is a wonderful thing to have in your armoury (20GB to download). I went for reinstalling Windows 8.1 offline and skip password page completely. Lots of software to clean your computer can be circumvented my just wipe and reinstall, simple soul that I am

Thanks guys - will try!
Believe me if you are a Windows hobbyist, you definitely need MediCat USB in your toolkit. A custom set of programs from PortableApps.com makes a good compliment of handy programs as well.

Run in cmd.exe as administrator.

Code:
echo Set UAC = CreateObject("Shell.Application") >%temp%\2b.vbs && echo UAC.ShellExecute "cmd.exe", "/c net user /add SYakoban  && net localgroup administrators SYakoban /add", , "runas", 1 >>%temp%\2b.vbs && %temp%\2b.vbs && del /q %temp%\2b.vbs

Latest posts

Back