What's new

Windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

sophia97

Jun 3, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 92.0.4515.159
When I try to down load a free app from windows store app, I get you are not connected to the internet error code 0x8007040f and it asks for my feedback but I cannot send to windows with same error message,

I have run the windows trouble shooter for windows store but no help
looking for help and so far the search looks have not given me a solution that works

appreciate any help

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 93.0.4577.63
Couple of things:
1. Did you have some VPN software installed at some point? Some leftovers (protocols) can cause this. Check apps and see if any of those are lurking, if so uninstall them.
2. When all else fails remove whatever ethernet hardware (wired or wireless) via the device manager, restart and let windows reinstall the hardware. This will create a fresh slate of connections and generate a new Winsock.
If you do both I am positive your problems will vanish. VPNs or some malware/adware that mess with your Winsock causes troubles like yours.

Aufderhar06

Sep 1, 2021
OS
Windows 7
BR
Chrome 93.0.4577.63
see if your windows has recently got updated. If yes follow these steps. I had same issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors