• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Aomei partition assistant download is a Ulthar.A!ml Trojan?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

NoName24

Aug 10, 2022
Hi,

i downloaded from TumperTM the Aomei partition assistant V6.0 and the windows defender (Win10) say its an Ulthar.A!ml Trojan. The download folder also got removed from the defender. How can I be sure it is not that risk to open it without the defender? I mean, it is from TumperTM?

the green skull say it is safe, right?

Hi,

i downloaded from TumperTM the Aomei partition assistant V6.0 and the windows defender (Win10) say its an Ulthar.A!ml Trojan. The download folder also got removed from the defender. How can I be sure it is not that risk to open it without the defender? I mean, it is from TumperTM?

If you don't trust install in a virtual machine.

I use virustotal to check cracked apps. Most cracked apps will set off an antivirus but when you look at virus total you get a better idea if it's a false alarm or not. I can't tell you exactly what I look for but experience has taught me. I also keep an updated backup image of my system for those times I do get a virus. Just remember when you swim in shark-infested waters you will get bit from time to time.

I use virustotal to check cracked apps. Most cracked apps will set off an antivirus but when you look at virus total you get a better idea if it's a false alarm or not. I can't tell you exactly what I look for but experience has taught me. I also keep an updated backup image of my system for those times I do get a virus. Just remember when you swim in shark-infested waters you will get bit from time to time.
Ain't that the truth. If you can afford it keep a play/hobby system for junking around and keep a serious system with a good a/v and an adblocker. Keep the play system off-your network unless you can keep an eye on it. I have yet to be 100% convinced that Microsoft is capable of protecting us from the flaws THEY wrote into their operating system code. Kind of like the fox guarding the henhouse.
With all this extorsion ware on the increase again and smaller targets becoming affected, PLEASE back your import stuff up offline. You may never need it, but if you do you will be back to thank me.

Hi,

Why you use outdate version. New version is 9.9.0 with serial easy activating just disable app to go online.

Back